Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Now I've heard everything

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/35192812/...-yacht-at-home

Really? Since when does having "a yacht" devalue property values.

I was aware, understand, and agree with the 20 foot buffer....I almost bought a house that had direct gulf access and with the property being 80 feet wide the 58 YF made it by 2 feet. It was also wide enough to swing the boat around as well.

It's ridiculous to think that having a multimillion dollar boat behind your house devalues the property.

Re: Now I've heard everything

It's blocking the view. The boat does look out of place.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Real estate attorney should be able to fix him up with an easement from the affected neighbors.... unless they're the ones complaining.

Wish I had these kinds of problems.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Good lawyer could shut them up. I don't know if FL is different, but under the water belongs to the state, not the city. What jurisdiction does the city have to a moored vessel?

Sounds like Naples has been invaded by whiny yankees. LOL
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Not moored, it's docked. And FL has been under Yankee assault for 50+ years.

My comment about code enforcement was based on my experience from here which is that codes are never enforced unless somebody complains or a politician or bureaucrat is looking for a "campaign contribution." Ask them to sign an easement and you'll figure out who ratted you out.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by ralexa6808 View Post
    It's ridiculous to think that having a multimillion dollar boat behind your house devalues the property.
    When residents live in $8,000,000+ homes you have to expect them to be a little fussy about something looking out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Good lawyer could shut them up.
    I doubt the residents there would be the least intimidated by a lawyer any of them could buy and sell many times over, especially when the law is on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Not moored, it's docked.
    Quote Originally Posted by tom5518 View Post
    I doubt the residents there would be the least intimidated by a lawyer any of them could buy and sell many times over, especially when the law is on their side.
    Then it's time to play. It's floating in the water, not tied to the seawall. It's tied to pilings. If that is construed to be "land" then use free standing pilings, or sink a few mooring balls. Now it's freely anchored and not touching structure/land at all. Take that!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I like when people use the term "park", when they are talking about docking a boat.

Back that boat in stern to, Med style, and only use the stern cleats to tie to the dock .......Pat

When you choose to move into a community with strict rules, you should be expected to follow those rules. If you don't like the rules don't buy in or if you're already there, move out. While most of us don't mind or even like to see a boat behind the house not everyone agrees. I live in a gated community with lots of rules that I don't like, but I knew the rules coming in. While I understand that this boat owner wants his boat there, his neighbors may also feel strongly that their view is not what they signed up for any longer. There is always three sides to every story so we should not rush to judgement.

Walt