Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: 1978 Convertible Really Only Worth $40K?

Quote Originally Posted by mykim View Post
    Heck I have my 1980 55' convertible at $90K and can generate virtually zero interest. Mines no project boat, so who knows maybe your $40K isn't far off.
    I closed on my '88 55 two weeks ago, from my buying experience I would predict financing is the issue behind the "lack of interest"

If you have an owner finance option maybe that would open things up for you

Quote Originally Posted by Seapig100 View Post
    I get the desire to get out to the fish quickly, but the price of these boats is insane. I hope the market for them freezes and I am able to pick one up cheap in a few years.
    Then you will be putting new outboards on it to the tune of about 35 to 40 each.

That's why I had a inboard CC , can repower 5 times for the cost of one outboard and you can work on it yourself......Pat

another insane price: https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/b...227202143.html

This boat was probably not much more than that new in 2002!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

This boat sounds like a 46 convertible from all I can gather. If it is clean and well taken care of, it should be worth at least forty. Photos would help. This forum is probably the best place to advertise a vintage Hatteras- I don't know if many brokers would be interested at that price, but some of them are members here and can contact you off line if they are interested in helping you sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Then you will be putting new outboards on it to the tune of about 35 to 40 each.
    Don't need one with double or triples. A 25 foot with a single would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapig100 View Post
    Don't need one with double or triples. A 25 foot with a single would be fine.
    Do like they do on the left coast. Single with a kicker. I dig it.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Yeah perfect for taking out in boston harbor diving/fishing it. I needed a big boat to stay on as traffic can make the 55 miles into a 2+ hour trip that makes day trips unreasonable. The problem is the big boat is tough in and around the harbor. I would even do a 20/25 foot rib.