Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Re: Seeking 50 to 58 MY. Moving up from smaller boat.

Jim, I have been following your journey as I am in the market for same type of vessel and have decided on a Hatteras. It seems that this year has seen a lot of action in the brokerage market and very little new coming up for sale. That leaves the overpriced and older tired boats out there.
    I think I will have to kiss a lot of frogs before I find a boat.
    Just curious if you looked at the 1987 61' Hatteras cockpit MY in Boston called "Silver Linings". If so what were your thoughts?
    Good luck with your new boat.

Thank you Jim and Maura! Best of luck with your new Hatteras! We enjoyed following your trials and tribulations and ultimate success!

"We have decided to get to know the boat and our real needs before we make any more changes."

Very good idea which I wish every new boat owner would do.

Rourken,
    We did not look at the 61 Cockpit "Silver Lining" in Boston. Sorry, but I can't help there. Best of luck with your search.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to get at the flanged exhaust fan on the port side of the engine compartment in a 54 ED other than hiring someone who is 6 feet and 100 lbs?

I have purchased all the square head screw driver parts and a volt meter to access and sort out what everything is, but really, they must have some very tall skinny people who work on these boats. At 5'9" & 200# I just don't fit into some of the places I need to go to work on some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    Rourken,
    We did not look at the 61 Cockpit "Silver Lining" in Boston. Sorry, but I can't help there. Best of luck with your search.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to get at the flanged exhaust fan on the port side of the engine compartment in a 54 ED other than hiring someone who is 6 feet and 100 lbs?

I have purchased all the square head screw driver parts and a volt meter to access and sort out what everything is, but really, they must have some very tall skinny people who work on these boats. At 5'9" & 200# I just don't fit into some of the places I need to go to work on some things.
    Very different boat, but on the 48my access is behind the cabinets in the salon walls.

Bobk