Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: Thinking of buying 85ft. Hatt extended MY

...Interesting, I thought it would be worth closer to $165k. If I bought it and put all the extras on it that it doesn't have, I would be looking at between 250 and 280k. I can find others around 230k with thruster, stabilizers and water maker already installed.

Anyway, I told him no, but he was a hell of a nice guy. Boat is docked in Tenn; I live in Fla...He said he would deliver it!

Can't beat that, still told him no in the end.

Back to square one, sick of looking at square one after 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Looks nice, so far. Keep us posted.
    Reevaluated the deal and we are back in communication with the above 58 footer, but my original assessment was pretty close at $165k, since the 2021 survey, which I just received, was $149k. Some work to do on it, as you can imagine at that price, but I think the 58 with galley up is going to be the one for us in summer, when my wife gets her retirement stipend check. Then we can have the down payment and upgrade money for the boat. Owner still thinks the boat is worth $220k with 2 heads inop, one or two AC units inop, and both helm engine gauges inop...just to start.

If we can close the deal this summer at around $150-ish, I'll let you all know.

Oh, BTW...speaking of Browards (?), I understand "Liquidity" is on the market for a song! I know the broker who has the exclusive on it. If interested, contact me via text or email.

Well..it finally happened; I bought a boat!

I have been looking for about 6 years; heard I was a tire-kicker for so long, I was beginning to believe it myself. But today the wife and I just signed papers on a 1980 Hatt 53 Aft Deck motor yacht. Saw bigger ones; saw smaller ones, but in today's economy, financing talks with us and we found someone to hold paper at 5.5% interest and 10% down...Hard to beat (Thank you to Linda from Presidential Yachts Int'l in Lauderdale).

Thanks to all who stuck with us and helped out, we are really excited and should be onboard by mid August '23. Some file pics follow; I am sure to be on here ,much more in the future.

So, a 1980 53 with 8v71 TIs...any suggestions? Some changes and upgrades to go (biggest is removal/reinstall of fridge in galley), also need bench seat in lower helm.

Three weeks and we should be liveaboards again.
    Attached Images

Congratulations!! They built 53MYs for nearly twenty years. They are wonderful boats. Welcome to the asylum.

Congratulations, we also have a 1980 53 up here in Michigan. Ironically we also looked at boats with Linda in Fort Lauderdale. Nice lady.

It took us about 2 or 3 years before the right one popped up. Glad you finally found the right fit.

We have been "living aboard" during our Michigan summer months and loving it!

I am sure you will too
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Congratulations
    First thing I’d do is get that raft off the visor and fill the holes in properly to prevent leaks. The raft needs to be where you cha actually get to it and deploy it in an emergency.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Congratulations!! They built 53MYs for nearly twenty years. They are wonderful boats. Welcome to the asylum.
    Thanks, it's a great feeling. I lived a board for 10 years back in the 90s. I know we are all just a half bubble out of plumb, but since we are all kind of leaning in the same direction, it seems pretty normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    Congratulations, we also have a 1980 53 up here in Michigan. Ironically we also looked at boats with Linda in Fort Lauderdale. Nice lady.It took us about 2 or 3 years before the right one popped up. Glad you finally found the right fit.We have been "living aboard" during our Michigan summer months and loving it!I am sure you will too
    That sounds great and thanks for the congrats. Keep in touch and let us know if you're ever down in the Florida area

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Congratulations First thing I’d do is get that raft off the visor and fill the holes in properly to prevent leaks. The raft needs to be where you cha actually get to it and deploy it in an emergency.
    Yeah I've got a number of things I've got to take care of and that is one of them. By the way I was reading the bio- 12-71 naturals.. I'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    Congratulations, we also have a 1980 53 up here in Michigan. Ironically we also looked at boats with Linda in Fort Lauderdale. Nice lady.It took us about 2 or 3 years before the right one popped up. Glad you finally found the right fit.We have been "living aboard" during our Michigan summer months and loving it!I am sure you will too
    One additional thing, we will be talking with Linda in the next couple days. I'll say hi to her for you. She's a very unusual type of broker. She signs all of her emails "faithfully yours"... That lady stuck with us for the better part of 6 years introducing us to different boats and never giving up on us. Yeah she made a sale but let me tell you that lady work for it and really earned whatever money she's getting. My wife and I really consider her a friend of the family.