Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Re: Thinking of buying 85ft. Hatt extended MY

so, watched this thread from it's start, let me give you a little bit of info, re, aluminium vessels.
    They do not rust.
    They do not leak
    They are inherently strong.
    They do not decline over years unless painted.
    salt, fresh water,no impact unless poor maintenance and ownership.
    Cleats do not break or fall off.
    The vessel does not twist in heavy seas.
    Unlike Polyester boats, they do not "cure" continually.
    Finally, if you dress them like ladies, what else is there to say ? They are GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    so, watched this thread from it's start, let me give you a little bit of info, re, aluminium vessels.
    They do not rust.
    Indeed they don't. They corrode. Keeping dissimilar metals under control to avoid galvanic corrosion is a matter of never ending vigilance on an aluminum vessel.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    As for the fact that she's owned by someone who makes his living as a captain- well, that may speak well of the vessel, or it may just mean that he's even crazier than the usual run of folks in this forum, which is really saying something, indeed.
    Lol, thanks for the heads up. And yes, it has been on the market for a while but then again not a lot of couples want to handle something that size, they get a bit antsy and think they're going to get in trouble docking or departing from the slip. And I can understand that kind of psychology. A lot of people going out to a bigger boat are jumping from about a 40-footer maybe 50-footer to a 70 and they think they have their hands full. A 90 is completely out of the picture. That's probably one reason why it's taking a while to sell, perhaps his inflated price of about a year ago is another reason oh, I think he's come down to earth a little more since then. People are funny about their things, they always think they are worth more than the public wants to pay for them. Initial house prices when they list them for sale is a very good example. Thanks for all the info I'll certainly consider this and thanks for following this thread. Hopefully, some other people who have never chimed in and are reading this from time to time and I just wanted to encourage them to share any stories or thoughts so that I can get a complete overview. I had mentioned that I'm not going to be doing anything until the summer at the earliest and that's if a couple of business deals click so this could be a completely moot point. But I've got to do all I can in the meantime to plan for getting some kind of boat, because when your wife says that she'll go ahead and live on board.....you just don't throw opportunities like that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    so, watched this thread from it's start, let me give you a little bit of info, re, aluminium vessels. They do not rust.They do not leakThey are inherently strong.They do not decline over years unless painted.salt, fresh water,no impact unless poor maintenance and ownership.Cleats do not break or fall off.The vessel does not twist in heavy seas.Unlike Polyester boats, they do not "cure" continually.Finally, if you dress them like ladies, what else is there to say ? They are GREAT.
    I like this idea I'm still waiting for one of several business deals to... Let's say cure... but a Broward came up on the market for Less then this hat and a complete refit including rebuilt engines what about the one on a private sale. Now that I want to keep stretching this but as soon as a deal goes through I'm going to be jumping on a boat. Dancing is taking so long I think I've been on this thread for 3 years now.So what are your thoughts on a Broward?

Thought I would bring everyone up to date. It's 2022, and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since my last reply. STILL actively looking for a boat, difference now is that I have additional income of another job, rather than a meager retirement for loan qualification...in a different arena now.

SO..?

Saw a 58 footer (1977) in Tenn. looks ok, some problems but not impossible. Asking $239k...dont think it is worth much over $165k max. Will let you know. Pic to follow.
    Attached Images

BTW, thanks again to everyone who took time to reply to earlier posts.

A few more
    Attached Images

Looks nice, so far. Keep us posted.

New post...deal fell through. Vessel is not worth that price...no thrusters, no stabilizers...I can get more boat, closer to me, for that price.

What do they say in the movies when they re-shoot a scene and everybody has to go back to their starting places...Back to one? Well, its back to "one" for me. I think that is the third boat in about 2 months...getting tired of looking at boats.

With that said, Nice 68 ft. in Dania I might look at.

https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/198...yacht-7890380/
    Last edited by WA2DDL; 08-19-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Thats a very low price for a 70' Hatteras. Lots of hours on the motors. The varnish looks rough but it is priced well below what most of the others are.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee