Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fiberglass box bases for pedestal seats and more!

Hello All!

Happy New Year! I have a few items I need for our 43' DCFB that I forgot to ask Santa for.

I do not know what to call them, but I saw them on Sea Eric's boat. They are fiberglass boxes that support 2 very nice pedestal chairs. I would like to put life jackets and other coast guard required safety equipment in them.

I am also looking for fiberglass deck boxes (for the fore deck) that have small pedestals that raise them off the deck so water can drain under.

I need a refrigerator to fit into a tiny space in the galley. The dimensions: 64.5" H X 28" W X 27"D. Any suggestions where to get a good one? 120 volts would be fine.

Thank you!!!

Jon

Where can you get them!
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Re: Fiberglass box bases for pedestal seats and more!

I bought a Summit SS 120 VAC refrigerator for our 41 DCMY several months ago that will fit the space you list. I haven't run it yet, other that to be sure it worked. The boat is completing her refit soon so I can say more about it in a couple of months. It's pricy, but the only one I could find to fit that has in ice maker. By the way, Summit will install latches on the doors before shipping if you wish.

https://www.summitappliance.com/cata...del/FF1159SSIM

FF1159SSIM
    Made in North America

58.88" H x 23.63" W x 26.0" D

OVERVIEW

True frost-free operation saves on maintenance by preventing icy buildup
    Keep a constant supply of ice with a factory installed icemaker in the freezer
    Slim 24" width offers over 10 cu.ft. of interior storage
    Stainless steel doors add modern luxury to any setting
    Made in North America
    Meets ADA guidelines for accessibility
    WHERE TO BUY

The FF1159SSIM makes the ideal addition to any household kitchen looking for full storage capacity in a hard-to-find fit.

Made in North America, this two-door refrigerator-freezer brings true convenience into the home. Frost-free operation ensures low maintenance, while the interior is fully equipped with adjustable shelves, a large crisper, interior light, and door storage in both compartments. This model includes a factory installed icemaker.

At just 24" wide and under 60" high, the FF1159SSIM is perfectly sized for any location, including those complying with ADA guidelines for accessibility. This unit features reversible stainless steel doors and a textured black cabinet. For alternate versions, see the FF1118WIM (in white) or the FF1119BIM (in black).

FEATURES

Frost-free operation
    No-frost system simplifies maintenance Factory installed icemaker
    Forget the plastic trays and enjoy the convenience of ready-made ice in your freezer
    Reversible stainless steel doors
    User-reversible door swing for added flexibility Thin-line design
    Limited space is no problem for our thin-line models, designed specifically for those hard-to-fit spots
    Large capacity
    Over 10 c.f. of interior space Interior light
    Automatically illuminates when you open the door
    Adjustable shelves
    Rearrange the refrigerator space to accommodate all shapes and sizes or remove shelves for a simple clean-up Fruit and vegetable crisper
    Get the longest life and best taste out of produce by storing greens in a convenient slide drawer
    Door shelves in both sections
    Store tall bottles and condiments right on the door for convenient access Adjustable thermostat
    Dial thermostat located inside for easy temperature management
    100% CFC free
    Environmentally friendly design without ozone-damaging chemicals

DCMY #92,

Thanks for the info.

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Loose Change, I also want to replace my fridge but the problem has always been trying to find one small enough to fit through the opening from the helm to salon on our type boat. I bought a small inexpensive one at Home Depot with top freezer that fit through but couldn't find the one I really wanted. I've read on the forum you need to remove a salon window to get that Summit one in the boat. Is that what you had to do?
    Family Tides - 1969 41' Twin Cabin
    Mema - 1984 17' Boston Whaler Montauk
    High Bar Harbor Yacht Club
    Barnegat Light NJ

I replaced mine about 2 years ago. The process was ugly and complicated. I bought a GE top freezer refrigerator that fit the existing space (1966 41 TC) exactly like the old one. This particular model is AFAIK not available anymore. With the doors off, the unit would fit through the side window with the glass removed. That was the ugly part. I hired a guy who had done it before on my neighbor's 41 so he had recent experience. We had to jack the frame open quite a bit to get the glass out of the way. It was amazing the twisted condition of the frame when it was jacked, and the stress crazing that appeared in the FG above the window frame. When the jacks were released everything went back where it was and looked perfect. I would have never believed it if I hadn't seen it. So it is do-able but I sure don't look forward to having to go through it again.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

With the door off the fridge will pass through the starboard side front salon window and pass by the front edge of the bar. There is enough room in the window for a moving blanket to other padding. It takes 3 or 4 people to do this without damaging the fridge.

There are a number of 9-10 c/f refrigerators that will fit with ease but I'm not sure about "frost free". For my purposes I wanted the largest that would fit and I ended up with a Frigidaire 15 c/f (FFHT1513LS). They are available in white, black and stainless. Quiet and only draws 1 amp (120V). I run it off an inverter when cruising. Brought mine in through the salon door. Some surgery (and muscle) required. Not too bad. 2 old men were able to get it done in a few hours. 5 years later I'm very glad I chose this route.
    Attached Images
    Greg Harrington
    43 DCFB 1977 w/Cummins 903 M1 (340HP)
    Hull #454

Thank you everyone for your inputs.

Eric, where did you get the nice fiberglass box for your pedestal seats?

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

I believe that was built by a company called Hatteras Yachts, in High Point, NC.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I believe that was built by a company called Hatteras Yachts, in High Point, NC.
    Ok, ok.
    I will check with Sam's.
    Smarty.

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia