Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

New Purasan install

Background-Preparing for new 12V Purasan install which will plumb to a freshwater 32V Vacuflush system. I would like to trigger off the 32V vacuflush system as well. Primary Purasan electrical and trigger both must be 12V. I have 12V at generator and 32V house/engine. I spoke with Raritan and they suggest a pair of new Marine Elegance heads. Maybe, but I have been super happy with my Vacuflush. Either way, the underlying electrical issue exists.

Is it better to step down the primary through a 32V-12V 20A regulator or pull off generator system?
    Has anyone installed the trigger off the Vacuflush system? I am contemplating a 32V-12V 3A converter.
    What is the general consensus of Raritan vs Vacuflush heads?
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

Re: New Purasan install

I went with the Rarutan Freedom with lever flush, no electrical connection required. Short run of hoses directly to the holding tank no low spots.
    Curt

Red face Re: New Purasan install

You should be able to use a contactor with a 12v coil and have the 12v side actuate the contactor and make up the 32v .Or vice versa.
    Bob

https://store.marinebeam.com/hattera...-dc-converter/

I can't find the link, but they also carry an inexpensive 10 amp (360 watt) converter. I have one operating a 12 volt Atlantes Freedom head and it works great.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Sorry I meant to say 30 amp. Not wide awake yet.