Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Mildew mold cleaning from wood interior

CLO2 aka chlorine dioxide.

contact beckart enviromental (262) 656-7680 explain your situation and they will send you the necessary chemicals. you can gas off or spray this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by big papa View Post
    CLO2 aka chlorine dioxide.

contact beckart enviromental (262) 656-7680 explain your situation and they will send you the necessary chemicals. you can gas off or spray this stuff.
    I have used Chlorine Dioxide in my rental properties to completely remove tobacco smoke smells. There are a number of companies that sell this stuff. It is very effective!

I have had several mold remediation jobs done on my rental properties and they used Dawn detergent to clean and remove the mold. When necessary, they lightly sanded the area with a HEPA Vac to remove what the Dawn could not. I have been mold free for several years now. I also learned that mold has a tuff time growing when the humidity is below 60%.

Are Ozone machines useful?
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

I have had good success just using white vinegar (should kill mildew and most molds). I then wiped the areas with tea tree oil to prevent new growth. Have done this in all the hanging lockers and haven't had an issue for several years.

Have you tried zep mold stain remover for mold removal?
    Last edited by AllenCervantes; 10-24-2020 at 09:04 AM.