Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Re: Looking for a quality 53 for sale on the east coast

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    2600 hours is nothing if they were maintained and not run at WOT all their life. If the motors are clean as the boat appears and they survey out good, you've got yourself a new Hatteras. Good luck.
    I think so too. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter53 View Post
    Good luck on your new find and hope the survey is good. Thanks for posting info on the boats you looked at. Im Still searching and will be looking at a few in fL after the new year. I have been on the one in grasonville 2x and I don't know what it is about the boat but it's kinda still on my list. I didn't notice any soft spots but I didn't bring a moisture meter but it looked like all the salon windows leaked at some point also the windshield showed signs of a leak.
    I might be confusing boats about the soft spot. Check right next to the hatch.

I think what really killed the boat for the Admiral was the cheap tile floors. All the work that it took to install, it is a shame they did not get something more upscale. Removing them would be a bitch, and installing over top would make the boat thousands of pounds heavier than it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    I only spent an average of 45 minutes on each boat, so my observations are based on a quick overview and initial impressions. For what they are worth, here they are:

Ariel $248k – This seemed like a very nice boat. Everything seemed to be in good condition. Lots of nice interior features. The only reason we walked away was we do not like the Extended Deck Version. It is worth checking out. Very knowledgeable broker. The price should probably come down a bit, in our opinion.
    You really did your homework! I tell buyers all the time that you have to go look at boats if you're going to make an informed decision. You can't do it by looking at pictures on the net. It's great that you have found the right one. I really appreciate your kind words about me and "Ariel". She is genuinely a nice boat.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Yeah those tiles in salon are bad and the wood flooring thru the lower is poorly done and the owners stateroom is awful and all 3 heads. I wondered how the weight of tiles in salon would affect it's stability.

The 53's handle like a dream. I've been a Chris Craft owner for 40 years. I thought they cruised smooth. WOW what a difference.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have a 53 my which I have owned for 25 years and which needs a new home as my age makes the boat too much.It is on land in storage in Chester, Ct and based in Hamburg Cove on the Ct river during the summer.She has 8-71 n engines with 15 kw generator driven by Isuzu engine.E. ail me at jhnw@comcast.net if interested and want more info.Boat built in 1972.