Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Atlantic Marine Stainless water heater out

Damn, this water heater has sprung a leak and burned the power wires. Bigger problem is how to get it out of my port side engine room and what to put in its place: any ideas?
    Pictures sideways until I figure out rotation, sorry
    Attached Images

Re: Atlantic Marine Stainless water heater out

Turn off the power, drain the water and get the saws all. Cut it into 2 or 3 pieces. Easy to remove it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

So what works good as a replacement, anyone use instant on hot water

Ii\nstant on hot water does not work well on boats, from what I've heard and read, as they draw too much current. Defender has some very good marine water heaters. Look for an Isotemp- they are very good. I have had a Seaward, whcih are actually fairly cheap, for twenty years. So far, so good. Also think about hooking up the coolant loop- free hot water, and HOT.

I hooked my Port engine coolant loop into the water heater as second source of heat. great addition and less generator use and as previous poster said, it is even hotter so lasts a little longer than electrically heated water.
    M/V BONAZZA
    1980 Hatteras
    37 Convertible
    Hull# - 405
    Twin DD 6-71NA
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Ii\nstant on hot water does not work well on boats, from what I've heard and read, as they draw too much current. Defender has some very good marine water heaters. Look for an Isotemp- they are very good. I have had a Seaward, whcih are actually fairly cheap, for twenty years. So far, so good. Also think about hooking up the coolant loop- free hot water, and HOT.
    Agree, way to much draw and the fact you have to be plugged in or generator running to get hot water. Not a good thing to do at 10 at night on a raft out with friends.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California