Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Mathew is getting serious lookout Bahammas!

Up to a major storm now wouldn't take much to tilt towards Fla
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: Mathew is getting serious lookout Bahammas!

Looks bad. Hold on everyone.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The upper level trough that will control it next week is still over the Pacific, so lots of uncertainty, but models are trending slightly westward. Not good for us on the coast.

Bobk

Timing is everything for us. My wife and I are flying from CT to DC next Fri for the wedding of her godson, Matthew. We're worried that this Matthew might just crash the party.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    Timing is everything for us. My wife and I are flying from CT to DC next Fri for the wedding of her godson, Matthew. We're worried that this Matthew might just crash the party.
    You may be ok. Current track and speed show it in the middle & east of Bahamas on Thursday. It hit Cat 5 this morning and heading for Jamaica. Hopefully it will slow some as it crosses Cuba. We need it to stay away from Florida and our east coast.
    Art

Weakened slightly, Cat 4 now. Would not want to be in the path of this thing as it will gain strength over water when it gets further north.

NHC forecast track has shifted slightly east increasing the threat to Haiti. It may also put the Exumas, Eleuthera and abacos on the weaker side and maybe just outside the worst wind.

That said, in the long term anything is possible and it's hard not to draw a parallel with Sandy which started pretty much in the same place as Matthew and also headed north thru Cuba/Haiti..
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

After what happened with Sandy they need this like a slap in the face. It looks like Long Island gets nailed again.
    Regards
    Dan

Stayed at Flying Fish Marina in Long Island for a few days @ end of July catching up with Jason/Wendy on the beautiful new office/bar/resturant/pool/living quarters/ etc. structure they were about to open. A lot of work, a three year project and now this bearing down on them. Anchored @ Crooked Island a few days earlier and viewed the Joaquin (last year) destruction first hand......Beachfront homes, Landrail Point Lodge, trees, everything gone except some new beach front construction recently completed. Keeping fingers crossed for them and Ben on Rum Cay, they don't deserve two in a row.