Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting close!

Getting close!

They painted the hull on Friday. Now they have a new crew beginning to put the boat back together. Then they will paint then on skid decks, cleanup and bottom job. I hope to be back in the water next month! Can't wait. It's been a long time but she looks spectacular.
    Attached Images
    Captain Paul Stich
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC

Re: Getting close!

She looks fantastic. When done post some before and after shots.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Capt Paul,

Beautiful paint job! How long does a paint job usually last? (pardon me for asking so many questions - I am just starting to learn about Hatteras'.

I really like the LCRs. Especially the cockpit - perfect for line handling and dinghy launch/retrieval.

There seems to be only a few LCRs online for sale: I saw one 48', a couple of 42s, and a couple of 58's.

I like the idea of having a door on each side of the lower helmsman station. The low fuel consumption is a plus also.
    Looking and learning about Hatteras

Tuga

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lisa View Post
    Capt Paul,Beautiful paint job! How long does a paint job usually last? (pardon me for asking so many questions - I am just starting to learn about Hatteras'.I really like the LCRs. Especially the cockpit - perfect for line handling and dinghy launch/retrieval. There seems to be only a few LCRs online for sale: I saw one 48', a couple of 42s, and a couple of 58's.I like the idea of having a door on each side of the lower helmsman station. The low fuel consumption is a plus also.
    Some others might chime in on how long their paint jobs lasted. Im not sure exactly how old my paint was when I got the boat but it was beautiful and I expected it to last as long as I am able to boat. My hand was kind of forced into having this job done but I am very happy it is going to turn out so nice. I am a kind of long term trawler captain and to me the 48' LRC, and this one in particular, is the perfect boat. They weren't made for very long so are kind of hard to find.
    Captain Paul Stich
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    She looks fantastic. When done post some before and after shots.
    Thank you. And will do. The anticipation is killing me.
    Captain Paul Stich
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC