Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Right turn Clyde!

Just when you thought it was over.... I believe this will be Mathew?
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: Right turn Clyde!

I don't like late season storms, they can be very unpredictable. A little to early to worry about this one but needs to be watched
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I expect to be at Atlantic Yacht Basin in VA as the storm passes. Hope it's path is further east than these models.

Bobk

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storm...efs_latest.png

Recon didn't find a close circulation today...

As crazy as the models seem to be this pretty much mirrors the path of major hurricane hazel in early October 1954.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

5. Re: Right turn Clyde!

My baby sister and hubby are on a cruise ship in the Aruba's but it's being redirected to Nassau due to the storm... They are not happy
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

AYB is pretty secure, from what I recall. Hardly any fetch in the ICW there.

Nice yard. Before I had a boat, I used to walk around the docks with my godson when he was little, and dream of owning a big boat.

AYB back in the earlie 80's. I think this was a platform lift.
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    AYB is pretty secure, from what I recall. Hardly any fetch in the ICW there.

Nice yard. Before I had a boat, I used to walk around the docks with my godson when he was little, and dream of owning a big boat.
    It is indeed secure. The weather forecast for next week is looking poor. Tuesday should be OK to start south. Wednesday not so nice. We'll see. It's still a week out. I was going to take 3-4 days to run the Bay for a nice leisurely trip. Might have to do the usual two. Once inside Hampton Roads it's no issue.

Bobk

Maybe the railway they used to have- at least I think they had a railway. That was around the time I was walking around in there, wishing I had a boat. How times change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Recon didn't find a close circulation today...

As crazy as the models seem to be this pretty much mirrors the path of major hurricane hazel in early October 1954.
    DO NOT MENTION THAT ONE. IT TORE NORTH CAROLINA UP. Especially Topsail and Wilmington area..