Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Fellow S. FL Hatteras cruisers

I don't like pumpkin key. Water is dark, no beach... Nothing really worth the stop.

The water in biscayne bay is blue green and very clear once you pass the feather bank and reach boca chita and eliott. When you leave the bay at the south end, it gets dark again until past key largo and hit Florida bay.

Personally I find eliott key to be the best anchorage between miami and tavernier
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I'm with Pascal on Pumpkin Key. I only used it once (in a pinch). It is just an anchorage and not a desirable one.

Bobk

Well, looks like pumpkin key may only get a passing glance, but plenty of other ideas/places to explore down that way by the sounds of it.
    Marcus & Michelle
    1968 50' MY Felicity
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL

I coming down on the 18th to Highland Beach for a 4 days and then back again on 11/2 for 10 days.

In February, I was thinking on anchoring out for the Miami Show. Pascal, do you think you could dinghy to the show? Where would you anchor out if you were coming down from Ft Laudrdale?
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible