Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fellow S. FL Hatteras cruisers

We are looking for fellow Hatteras cruisers to trade ideas with, and travel to FL Keys and the Bahams with. We are in Ft. Lauderdale area between ICW and the beach.
    Marcus & Michelle
    1968 50' MY Felicity
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Re: Fellow S. FL Hatteras cruisers

Quote Originally Posted by M&MArmenta View Post
    We are looking for fellow Hatteras cruisers to trade ideas with, and travel to FL Keys and the Bahams with. We are in Ft. Lauderdale area between ICW and the beach.
    Lots of Hatteras owners in SFL. We'll return in time for Turkey (Having almost the entire family at the condo) then will get doctors and dentists out of the way and try to figure out what to do next. New River and the FL west coast likely.

Bobk
    1981 48MY
    Chateau de Mer

Bobk,Thanks for the response, it is appreciated. I do realize there a many Hatteras owners in S. FL and was really thinking I would get more than just one reply. We cannot do more than long weekends or a week at a time right now but would really like to find others to meet up with. With all the owners in this area you would think ther would be more rendezvous but it seems ther are more in the cold weather states, just too far for us to go to; besides we hate the cold now.Marcus
    Marcus & Michelle
    1968 50' MY Felicity
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Bob.

Good to hear your heading back. Your my idea of how I want to be if I retire. Enjoy the trip and let me know when your passing. Maybe I'll even see you on the water.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

There are certainly a few of us hatt owners around... We ve gotten together a few times over the years, I remember a raft up we did with my 53, a 58 YF, 58MY and a 36. When we discover that hatts were perfect for raft up as we could go back and forth not just thru the PH but also from FB to FB

The thing is that we all have different schedules and it's hard to coordinate anything. In our case, we run an 84 Lazzara on charter and bookings are often last minute... We left for the Exumas mid August for a two week trip and are still here

I don't know how familiar you are wit biscayne bay but it's a great week end destination, close to FTL with nice anchorages, blue green water calm waters instead of th ICW muck. If you come down let us know, we may hook up. I'm refitting and reporting my 53 so she won't be able to leave the slip for a few more more months but when not on charter we spend quite a bit of time sailing on the bay...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I don't know how familiar you are wit biscayne bay but it's a great week end destination, close to FTL with nice anchorages, blue green water calm waters instead of th ICW muck. If you come down let us know, we may hook up. I'm refitting and reporting my 53 so she won't be able to leave the slip for a few more more months but when not on charter we spend quite a bit of time sailing on the bay...
    Pascal, It would be fun to get to meet some of the HOFers in person. If we get down that way, I'll post our plans and maybe we can meet up someplace.

What anchorages do you prefer. We have used Boca Chita a few times and it is great for week days. Also Marine Stadium.

Bobk
    1981 48MY
    Chateau de Mer

Marine stadium is great especially overnight as the view is amazing.

Boca Chita on week days is great, not in summer due to mosquitoes. Eliot is one of our favorite as the water is nice and clear and if you stay 1/4 mile off shore bugs aren't bad in summer.

No name Harbor, at the top of key biscayne is nice as you have access to many trails and Crandon beaches. Again, busy on week end. No bigs in summer as they spray on KB unlike biscayne national park

The KB sand bar, aka nixons, next to KBYC is always a good spot too, again busy on week end.

I ve been living, playing and working on biscayne bay for 25 years now and still haven't found anything like anywhere else...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Marine stadium is great especially overnight as the view is amazing.

Boca Chita on week days is great, not in summer due to mosquitoes. Eliot is one of our favorite as the water is nice and clear and if you stay 1/4 mile off shore bugs aren't bad in summer.

No name Harbor, at the top of key biscayne is nice as you have access to many trails and Crandon beaches. Again, busy on week end. No bigs in summer as they spray on KB unlike biscayne national park

The KB sand bar, aka nixons, next to KBYC is always a good spot too, again busy on week end.

I ve been living, playing and working on biscayne bay for 25 years now and still haven't found anything like anywhere else...
    Thanks Pascal. I've been to No Name with my 41 and felt like it was small but that memory is > 10 years old. I did use the sand bar once in 2009 and that worked out OK. Hope we get down that way in January.

Bobk

Happy to trade boat ideas since we have the same model Hatt. We should be down in FtL (briefly) in December, longer in February when we go to the Bahamas. We seldom weekend cruise since we live so far away. Once we get the boat fully stocked we're off!

Unfortunately AT&T is discontinuing my 2G boat phone frequencies and I have not even started on finding a replacement phone. As far as I know the old phone will work in the Bahamas giving me one more RoundTuit. PM me with your number and I can call as our plans firm up. Hope we can get together.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

We have heard about areas in Biscayne Bay are plan on getting down that way in the not to distant future. When in Key Largo a few months ago someone mention Pumpkin Key for anchoring, have any of you been there?
    Marcus & Michelle
    1968 50' MY Felicity
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL