Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Hull #1, 50' Motoryacht 1964 "HOPE"

It has to be a labor of love. If you Calculate your time at 1/4 your earning potential you will find it still is extremely expensive.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Agreed Scott but like other hobby's you can't put a price on your enjoyment. Some things can't be measured in dollars and cents. I could not do what Quintin or Yachtsmanwilly are doing or have done. I don't have the time, patience or energy....so mostly I write checks.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    Hi My50Hatteras. Is there an e-mail address for interested parties to contact you? Also, please post a few current photos here.
    I'm still working on getting some photos. I've been very busy. My email is captainkirkkeywest@icloud.com

Quote Originally Posted by M&MArmenta View Post
    My50HatterasWe have the 28th 50M/Y and love it! We love the classic Hatteras style and look; and we love the life style - we sold our house, 90% of our stuff and live on board. We wouldn't trade it for he world!Just think, if your neighbors piss you off you just move the whole "house"! LOL!
    Yes M&M, we love the life style. The coolest part about living aboard is the easy transition of moving. We moved 1000 miles away from home, and never packed a bag! Glad to see you got Felicity. The previous owners were great and I know they put a lot of hard work in her. FElicity was one of the ones we were looking at prior to our Hope

I am actually amazed sometimes at what these boats sell for. Have a friend that just sold there 1966 50 motor yacht without even listing it for $225,000. Yes it was nicely restored, new paint, new Windows etc but that is a lot for a 1966 boat. Sold to someone in their Marina before it even got listed. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

$225k for a 50 year old boat of any brand is impressive! Sadly that isn't the trend. Likely due to the economy, (even though the president says all is great) boat sale prices in the used market are not so good, and older boats even worse, there are exceptions, like the above.

I would point out that in 1966 many boat builders still still used wood, and there are still some awesome woodies, most are gone.

$225k the past owner must have been dedicated!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Well, the very first ever Shelby Cobra, Carroll's original #1 car, just sold for 13 million, so maybe there's hope for old boats, too. Esp #1 of a successful series. They probably made more 15-10 MYs than Shelby made Cobras...

Thanks MyHatteras50. There was also magnificent 50 in the Pacific Northwest a couple of years ago. Not sure about the selling price, but it was similarly restored to the 9s and worth every penny.
    Some of you guys are missing the point. A pristine old Hatteras is worth way more. A rough old Hatteras is worth way less. Condition defines value.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Well, the very first ever Shelby Cobra, Carroll's original #1 car, just sold for 13 million, so maybe there's hope for old boats, too. Esp #1 of a successful series. They probably made more 15-10 MYs than Shelby made Cobras...
    The difference is a Shelby Cobra is fast, classic Hats are only found in the spectators section at races.

And the spectators will be comfortable!!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

That car went to the Miller collection in Utan- he has one of the best collections of vintage Ford performance cars. Not enough water out there for a Hatteras, sadly.

Yes, they are fast. I have one. You can easily scare yourself in one. The engine tuning on mine was done by MikeP and it is QUICK.