Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1998 52 Sportdeck - My loss is your gain.

So, after almost 2 years of getting my lady updated, upgraded, and ready for that dream
    trip - Things change. Unexpected events necessitate that she moves to a new owner.

I bought her with plans for extended cruising, and spent the last year and a half addressing every issue I could identify with her condition. That process resulted in over $100k of updates and upgrades. I truly believe she is now in shape to provide someone with as worry free ownership period as can reasonably be hoped for. My approach to the process has been one of playing devils advocate to every mechanical variable that came up during numerous inspections, repairs, and maintenance services. She has full records available pertaining to this process, and all services have been provided by very reputable vendors.

My wife and I recently took her north from Charleston to Ocracoke, NC and back to Southport,NC as a shakedown cruise following the upgrade process. There wasn't a single hiccup during the 2-week trip. She's now tied up in Southport and available for showing.

She's also listed on YW with additional pics and details. If you're in the market for a mid-size MY, you should consider this vessel.
    Attached Images

Re: 1998 52 Sportdeck - My loss is your gain.

Link to listing?

Price?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Sorry krush - I wasn't sure if I was allowed to link to the listing on this site, but here it is: https://www.marinemax.com/boats/deta...uthport-marina

The price is $335k.
    Last edited by Bluwtrman; 08-26-2016 at 03:45 PM.

These would be the engines of choice. What's cruise and WOT? Nice.

What did you coat the props with?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Looks like Propspeed.......

Jim - Top speed is around 23-24 knots at 2320 rpm. She cruises very nicely at 1800 rpm and 18-19 knots.

That's propspeed on the props and shafts.

I just bought a 50ft. Sport deck and am looking for an extra set of prop's what size did you have on your boat?