Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Craigslist Hatteras finds for sale thread

Lot of potential in that 43 DC; new engines, better economy, and a great hull and layout. I wonder if that was the one that was sold up here- there was a 43 with B series diesels that I think Eric sold a few years back. And this one does not have the bridge, which some folks prefer to be left off.

Seems like a deal for a little work

https://holland.craigslist.org/boa/d/zeeland-31-hatterras/6904329614.html

Need 5

posts for

Good deal for the right person....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Founds this one the other day.

I'm sure not for the faint of heart, but with a few less kids I'd be taking a look. (Someone please convince me NOT to take a look)

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...907223931.html

Back in the water running and operational its worth $100,000 plus. How much will it cost to do that?
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

I don't know, but if the things he says are sound ARE sound, this could be a reasonable project for someone with the skill to do it, paying for things as you went along. If I wanted a live-aboard 53MY and didn't care about going slow, I'd look at her.

Update - Went and walked though the vessel...

Owner is up front about as much as he can and we spent over two hours going through the boat. MANY projects currently in the middle. The entire aft flybridge over the aft deck needs to be replaced.

The boat is on the hard at a DIY boatyard over an hour away from my location, and dry as a bone in most places.
    The only visible moisture I could see other than a few mildew spots from being closed up was in the interior part of the transom area (master stateroom aft cabinet) by the water tank, the two drain lines that come from above are cracked and leak a little...

No soft spots that I could see otherwise anywhere.

Zero blisters on the hull, which has been power washed to prep for paint...
    It didn't have power on it and we did not start the engines. (That would be next if we wish to go forward / survey...)
    Genset is no good...

I took hundreds of pictures and the owner is making a list of current and pending projects, and I did ask if he had any budget forecasted to share.

Otherwise needs a thorough cleaning as to be expected and the tenant bugs to be evicted (but no rodents evident anywhere).

We are trying to crunch the numbers then multiply by three to see if this is worth the effort, and also looking for a DIY boatyard within an hour of central NJ to move it to on its belly if that's the case.
    Last edited by Kevlife; 07-23-2019 at 02:18 PM.