Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

crusair a/c units

have two cursair a/c units in a 43ft 1981 hatteras floating guest house. when either of the two a/c units are turned on, water is discharging from cooling system. the compressor kicks on when knob is put from start to run. compressor kicks off then kicks back on and then the shore power breaker for the a/c flips off. it does not matter which crusair unit is used. when using generator the compressor kicks on and off constantly. that is when i stopped the a/c and am now asking questions. i pulled the water pump off and checked flow. it is a magnet type impeller with a porcline shaft. signed lisa e, hot in south louisiana

Re: crusair a/c units

Just thinking out loud but you might have a weak breaker that needs replacing.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

One more thing. Try running the two air conditioners with nothing else running. No hot water, battery charger etc.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Get a clamp on amp meter and find out what the amp draw is.

It's the first step in figuring out what's wrong.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thank you for suggestions. Lisa

Sounds like poor water flow. The system may be restricted from scaling or marine growth. Have you checked the strainer and intake? Does one pump run both units?
    Jack Sardina