Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

32v bilge pump switch

I know everyone hates the Rule Super Switch. That said, I've had pretty good luck with them. In the past 10 years, I've only had to replace two of them and they had been on the boat for some number of years before I bought the boat. Due to all the negativity I've read about these switches, I am hesitant about buying another one for fear that they just aren't as good as they used to be. Any truth to that? What is everyone else using for automatic float switches in 32-volt these days if not the Rule Super Switch??
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Re: 32v bilge pump switch

Ang,

I use the Rule super switch. So far I have 8 years on mine.
    Mike,

"SeaWhisperer"
    1969 Hatteras 53' MY
    Morehead City, NC.

Ang, I think there are some Ultra pump switches at Bacon's up here, which is a marine flea market. They are the 24 or 32v model, which is why I didn't buy them. If you want, I can see if they are still around. Ultra switches are the best in my experience. I believe they also have a lifetime warranty. I have one over twenty years old, still going fine.

Ultra Pump switch, non better.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Ultra Pump switch, non better.
    Ditto. I ended up switching out all my Rule and SureBail switches for these and never an issue. Less sensitive to backwash too.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014