Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

45' Hatteras Convertible in Groton CT?

I'm still happy with my tri-cabin, but noticed a 45 hatteras for sale up in Groton. Does anyone know anything about the boat? I have other folks looking for boats around 40 - 50 ft and though rough, was wondering if worth chasing this one down. it's a 1969, the stern says homeport of Old Saybrook and the name on the bow appears to be "fancy pants". Again, rough shape, just wondering if anyone on here knows anything about her.

Bill Harris
    "Kismet"
    1970 Hat Tri-Cabin
    Last edited by wlharrisjr; 04-20-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Re: 45' Hatteras Convertible in Groton CT?

In a word, no. Later boats (the 46 and Series II 45 and 46) are so reasonably priced now that Series I 45s are kind of orphans. Sad to say. Someone would have to get it for nearly nothing AND have the expertise, time and facility to fix it up. AND, at the end of that process, they would still have a very old design boat. Maybe a nice one, but very dated indeed.

Scary looking boat. Salvage condition at the very best. I did a cursory look around soldboats and there have been some decent looking older 45's that have sold in the $30-$40K range. Find a better one. They're out there.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

here is a little history on the boat.

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...ight=sportfish

Sad. Just sad.

This boat was near where I dock my boat. I have watched it deteriorate for many years. Be wise to pass on this one.
    Bob
    "CRAZY HORSE"

I remember that boat from old saybrook in the 1980s. FANCY PANTS was her name. She was always kept spotless. Shiny paint, big tower, etc. What a shame for sure.

SeaEric, Thanks, I already have a pretty nice Tri-Cabin, just looking around and saw it so wondered if anyone had some history.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Scary looking boat. Salvage condition at the very best. I did a cursory look around soldboats and there have been some decent looking older 45's that have sold in the $30-$40K range. Find a better one. They're out there.

Thanks, that was kind of what I thought

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    In a word, no. Later boats (the 46 and Series II 45 and 46) are so reasonably priced now that Series I 45s are kind of orphans. Sad to say. Someone would have to get it for nearly nothing AND have the expertise, time and facility to fix it up. AND, at the end of that process, they would still have a very old design boat. Maybe a nice one, but very dated indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post

Jim,

Please explain the difference in the Series I 45. Is this based on the year of production? By Series I 45', is that the 45' that was in production from 1968 - 1974?

It would follow that the Series II 45 was production years 1984 - 1988 and Series III 45 being 1989 - 1991.

The 46 was produced from 1974 - 1985.

I got my information from the Power boat guide. www.powerboatguide.com

My wife and I are interested in buying one mainly for crusing....we like fishing but I am no fisherman!!

Jonathan Brein