Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

45 hat 12v issue

1985 hatteras , my boat sat in dry dock for a couple months, when we plugged it back in to charge the batteries the shore power cord and outlet fried at the boat.replaced the outlet and cord. the batteries charged but there is no 12 volt to the panel . is the a fuse some where ?

Re: 45 hat 12v issue

Quote Originally Posted by men 2 be View Post
    1985 hatteras , my boat sat in dry dock for a couple months, when we plugged it back in to charge the batteries the shore power cord and outlet fried at the boat.replaced the outlet and cord. the batteries charged but there is no 12 volt to the panel . is the a fuse some where ?
    which panel exactly? I had a 45 and now have a 52. I will tell you the best i know. Look in the engine room there are two large guest switched could be the DC WAS CUT OFF WHEN PUT UP. Also look in the generator box the 12 volt could be cut off there. There is a circuit beaker for 12 volts in where all the beakers are located would be the main. It will be listed as DC main.

ok ill check the guest switch the other breakers are on thanks

Quote Originally Posted by men 2 be View Post
    ok ill check the guest switch the other breakers are on thanks
    iT CAN LOOK ON but be triped. I would turn off and turn back on . Do you have battery power?

yes the meter at the 12 volt panel reads 14 volts on both batteries