Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Dead Fish Redux, or any excuse for a drink

Recently Captain Tony started a thread about a recent fish kill.

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...7560-Dead-Fish.

I wryly remarked that the title reminded me of a local drinking hole and restaurant named The Dead Fish (any vacationers to San Francisco may have eaten at the Pier 39 Crab House or other sister location).

http://www.thedeadfish.com/

Because frequent forum member Rusty (SEVEN) is like minded, he quickly suggested lunch which we did today (picture below) overlooking the Carquinez Strait. (Actually we are maybe a 100' or so above the bridge which is already 400' high.)

Anyway, we had a nice time and talked Hatteras stuff and various other HOF members and adventures.

We on the West Coast are a little behind the Atlantic types about socializing with our members, so I hope some locals can schedule a SFBay rendezvous and have a few Happy Hour events going forward.

DAN (in blue shirt)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by drburke; 04-06-2016 at 05:52 PM.

Re: Dead Fish Redux, or any excuse for a drink

Definitely not east coast types. Rusty's glass is virtually empty, and yours, while attractive, is WAY too small. And worse, it appears to be a glass of (gasp!) WATER on the table. Horrors.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I had a couple of Diet Cokes while Dan had a couple very very dirty drinks. Great meeting with you Dan. Fantastic views and great food as well.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

SURE you did Rusty! Diet Cokes as far as your Parole Officer knows...(wink).

And Bob, I'll have you know that is a huge martini glass, I just happen to have *very* large hands!

Any HOFers are welcome to visit out here BTW. I am sure we can offer some great hospitality and discuss the decoy water glass on the table at the same time.

DAN

Quote Originally Posted by drburke View Post
    ... I just happen to have *very* large hands!...
    My sincerest apologies Mr. Trump.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau