Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

GalleyMaid horrible customer service

Upon having our FW pump fail we next day shipped it to GM as they now only re-build given they do not stock the older pumps. After paying the $500 for shipping round trip the "re-built" pump worked for 3 weeks.

While at a marina in Ky the service manager told us of the last GM pump they sent in had to be sent back 4 times in 4 weeks so I decided to change to a different manufacturer. Tried to get GM to refund the rebuild cost (I was not asking for any mailing costs) but we have been snubbed and subject to their extreme indifference. Bottom line AVOID them
    John
    Hat53MY

Re: GalleyMaid horrible customer service

If you used charge card, dispute the charge with the card company. Amazing how well that works for getting attention.

used to be great but then the second generation takes over......

It really is a shame. In my opinion, the son or grandson always acts like he has a chip on his shoulder. Would be nice if someone bought him out.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Try RAZ marine they rebuild GM pumps. Great service.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Did they offer to repair it under warranty? What is the agreement?

They aren't obliged to refund you the money, is what I would think. But they may have warranty to repair it.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Our experience with GM was completely opposite!! We delivered our pump too them and they did a re_build while we waited. They were very accommodating and did a great job and I was very surprised (and pleased) with the price. This was a few years ago but my pump has continued in service without interruption.