Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dead Fish.

Re: Dead Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Actually not. All this crap that they spray on lawns and golf courses are a large factor. But the worst are sewer plants most of which dump into the rivers and tributarys. I've looked at the annual reports for our, Vero Beach plant and the amount of untreated waste dumped in the river is staggering. Now their talking about deep well injection of the effluent into the aquifer. So instead of swimming in it we'll be drinking it.
    Is it bad by you?

The sewage plants here are not great but the bloom seems more runoff and natural related. We didn't have huge rain events and with a few days of hot weather the runoff from land was probably supercharged with algae.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I've looked at the annual reports for our, Vero Beach plant and the amount of untreated waste dumped in the river is staggering.
    But if you dump your black water tank overboard or throw a chicken bone in the water you are in deep shit with the man!
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Is it bad by you?

The sewage plants here are not great but the bloom seems more runoff and natural related. We didn't have huge rain events and with a few days of hot weather the runoff from land was probably supercharged with algae.
    It's been raining all winter. It takes a while for the algae to build up and deplete the O2 content. You haven't seen all the old fart Yankees walking around with their mouths open gasping for air? I told my kids if they ever see me walking around with my mouth open to smack me in the head!
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

I an article in the Tampa Bay Times about this last weekend. The Corps of Engineers had to unleash a ton of water from Lake Ochechobee or risk the dike rupturing if we got more rain.
    Millions of gallons of lake water is flowing to the Atlantic and Gulf. It is nutrient rich from runoff from Orlando as well as back pumping from the sugar and other agricultural interests to the south of the lake.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    1986 67 CPMY
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    I an article in the Tampa Bay Times about this last weekend. The Corps of Engineers had to unleash a ton of water from Lake Ochechobee or risk the dike rupturing if we got more rain.
    Millions of gallons of lake water is flowing to the Atlantic and Gulf. It is nutrient rich from runoff from Orlando as well as back pumping from the sugar and other agricultural interests to the south of the lake.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    1986 67 CPMY
    Tampa
    Sounds like The Corps of Engineers needed to build a better Dam.

Tony

Damn.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

So after spending 4 hours in the rivers and canals I saw a handful of dead fish.

The protestershave pictures with millions of them but thats not what happened here. They have to take every opportunity to scare the uninformed.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Dan, let's meet there for lunch.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Sure, Rusty!

Will you pay my bar tab? They make a killer martini and we can post an official confirmation photo on this site.

DAN

I'll buy you one for the road. Name the day. Only open Tuesday this week. That narrows it for this week.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California