Quote Originally Posted by scallywag View Post
No experience using a Ocean Breeze handeler with a Cruisair compressor, but I just came here to say I have 7 Ocean Breeze units on my boat and installed 3 on my Son's boat. I'm a fan of their products and support is great. I love the fact that they only use standard non proprietary electronics instead of $800 PCBs that require replacing the whole thing when something goes bad. Also, I'm a fan of the all stainless construction instead of powder coated soon-to-be rust bucket. If you have a problem just call Alex or Joe and they will patiently walk you through it!
Your experience with them is why I bought one...I don't mean you in particular but every time they are mentioned on the web, I read good things. Since I went there in person to pick it up I was given a brief tour of the place and Joe is a nice guy indeed. And it is a nice looking unit.

My first contact with Alex was this morning and he seemed on the ball, but now that he has my Cruisair schematics, Cruisair electrical box photos and photos of the electrical box components of the OB unit, he has gone dark on me.. hours have gone by with no response...sent a followup email, still no response.

My guess is they didn't actually know what an SMX I control was (even thought they acted like they did) and presumed it the same as the antique 3 knob deal..... but will repost when I find out more.