Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Nuisance wildlife

Somebody mentioned manatees in another thread, and it brought to mind this recent story about sea lions, which are an issue on the West Coast:

http://komonews.com/news/local/final...of-air-dancers

http://www.pier39.com/home/the-sea-lion-story/

The video on the news piece is worth watching!

DAN

Re: Nuisance wildlife

I was talking about being an member of PETA and someone was talking about eating a one. I know they were joking. How are you Dan. Long time.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

[Hijacking my own thread]

Hey Rusty! Let's get together soon. Back on my long list of projects, which right now is aiming to get some Vertifrigo drawer fridges installed that I bought here from member Hoop.

But I need to put down new galley floor first, which means selecting material. A friend gave me some nice gray quarry tile--will use that.

Now repairing earlier damage to galley floor from miss-fitting full-size fridge that leaked.

But first need to finish passageway sole renewal from previous leaking port VacuFlush (fresh water only) and dripping washer faucet, which soaked floor plywood.

Have cut, reinforced hatch, fixed "repair" from MX, sealed with CPES, filled and sanded, and this week put down overkill 1/16 epoxy barrier coat.

[Note to critics: I globbed it thick on purpose and know it could be smoother; underneath I actually faired it pretty well.]

Pad and carpet goes over this.

Stand by! Will you be coming to the April Boat Show at Richmond Craneway?

DAN
    Last edited by drburke; 03-20-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I was talking about being an member of PETA and someone was talking about eating a one. I know they were joking. How are you Dan. Long time.
    Yea, we don't let much just slide here, Rusty, and you have to admit that PETA makes itself an easy target at times. In all seriousness though, I would not be happy if I could not use my boat because sea lions took over my marine, and neither would I be if a manatee chose to surface under my boat and contact my props, making me liable for hefty fines.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau