Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Crew's first time underway...

My new crew member, Lexye, was rescued from a shelter last October. This was her first time underway.
    Attached Images

Re: New Crew's first time underway...

Looking good Lexye!

Thank you for saving a shelter pet. She looks very happy.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Is that a PFD on her? Dosent look as bulky as most
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

My friend has a pitbull mix similar to that. The dog absolutely loves his boat. If she sees him gathering fishing gear she about loses her marbles. OTOH, she was not fond of the Hatteras. Maybe the diesels scared her, but it's probably also something she would eventually get used to.

She also hates the water. Will not swim, doesn't like to get wet. Strange. But either way you're both lucky to have a four-legged family member who enjoys boating as much as you do.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

She'd better love the boat, we live on it...but this was her first time underway. The lifejacket is a run of the mill West Marine jacket my girlfriend's mother gave us, it works and she doesn't mind wearing itIMG_0233.jpg.

Got her used to the diesels (mains and generator both) just running them at the pier, and she became comfortable with that first before we ventured out.

Congratulations! In my 2nd marriage we have always had 3 dogs and never named any of them. They have always been rescues and came with their own name. We are grateful that we can do it and admire others that do the same. Also happy to have Marquipt stairs on our 40 double cabin. It is a piece of cake for them to get aboard.

We have a "Granddog" named Spike.. He is an 8lb poodle and belongs to my son. We get to have him over for a sleepover every so often as well as when my son and daughter-in-law go on vacation. A dog becomes a full fledged member of the family in short order and provides lots of warmth and comfort to everyone. One of my favorite sayings is "The more I know people, the better I love my dog"

Enjoy Lexye for many years.....

Walt

You are a wonderful person for saving a life. I am a member of PETA and donate to their cause all the time. We love animals more than most people we know. We even named our boat after our 7th Pomeranin. SEVEN
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California