Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raz Marine?

Question Raz Marine?

Hey y'all, my brother just got a Hatteras this year and it is having some toilet issues. The pumps say galley maid so when I did some research Raz Marine popped up a lot. We are new to all this so I am looking for some input about either calling up Galley Maid or going to this Raz place. Any input on the two would be much appreciated.

Re: Raz Marine?

Raz rebuilds GM pumps. GM sells new pumps.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

We were thinking of rebuilding but hadnt heard of Raz until now. Are they dependable?

I have had two sent from them. One leaked the other was very noisy. They replaced each one at their cost. Nice people to work with. It's cheaper to have them rebuild your pump by 100.00 if you can afford the down time. I'm in California so I had to buy a rebuilt and send mine back once I installed theirs. If your in Florida it might make sense to take yours to them. It's takes a 24 hour turn around time. Ask for the owner Mike. Tell him Rusty said hi.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I got a rebuilt freshwater pump from them and it was both beautiful and highly reliable. It got a lot of use when we were cruising full time, and loved anchoring or mooring out. The GM pump is somewhat noisy by nature. Ossie Raz was a great guy and taught me a lot, I dealt with him in person at the Ft Lauderdale shop, RIP, but it looks like new ownership has carried on the tradition.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

My experiences with Raz have been very good. You do not detail the issues you are having. In my case, I had a pump rebuilt, which was a legit but not absultely needed cost, only to find the build up in my discharge hose was the culprit. These pump will not run if a hose is obstructed. They are virtually indestructible though. Make doubly sure you communicate the correct voltage of your vessel...

Just an update:

We ended up calling Raz and they had us bring in the pump. Really nice people! Helped us understand the way that the pump worked and all the problems that could happen. Ended up doing an exchange for a new pump. Definitely going to them again. Thanks for all the advice.