Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Palm Beach Boat Show March 17-20

Hi Y'all. SPRING MUST BE HERE! The clocks change this weekend. Most of the ice is already melted off of Lake Erie! And only one more week to wait before the annual Palm Beach International Boat Show. Thursday March 17-Sunday March 20th. I personally think the Palm Beach Show is the best of America's big 3, because the entire display from Vendors to Super Yachts are all gathered at one location along the Waterfront in Downtown West Palm Beach. Palm Beach also offers convenient downtown parking and a variety of restaurants within only a few blocks of the show entrances. None of that Shuttle hassle to deal with...just comfortable walking shoes.

PBBS14_mainweb.jpg

In fact, Robins are not allowed to start building their nests until the Palm Beach International Boat Show gets here! Dress Comfortably. Early forecasts are for temps in the 80s! How tropical can you get?

Oh...And for Antique Fans...next weekend is also the annual Antique Boat Show up in Mt. Dora, FL. It is a cute little event.

Re: Palm Beach Boat Show March 17-20

I thought I would add the Boat Show Forecast. A nasty could front is expected to roll in with rain showers Saturday, and downright chilly temps by Monday!
    DSCN2489.jpg
    I already put my sweaters away!

We wear shorts here in Jacksonville area with those temps. Sweaters are for north of the mason dixon line...
    Art

We were there on Friday. Kinda disappointing compared to last year for the sort of things we were there for.... i.e. looking at improvement ideas from other boats or just interesting boats to walk thru. Went on a new 53' Marlow but had to pretend we might actually buy the thing to do so and hear constant sales pitch (at $1,700,000 !) It was very interesting though.

Went on two used Hatteras 74... 1999 and 2000 years. The 2000 model was way nicer but also way more expensive ($1,350,000 verus $879,000 as I recall) Don't recall any used Hatteras MY style smaller than 74.

Unlike last year Hatteras did have a display of four new boats, but by the time we stumbled on it we were too tired to waste their time looking inside any of them.

No AMI Kids donation boats this year. And no Nordhavn, except a monster 72 footer (that made the Hatteras 74's look small in comparison) Wish I had pretended I could afford a $3 million boat and toured that Nordhavn now, just for the heck of it.

But the 2000 Hatteras 74 was beautiful and very interesting...glad we saw that one at least. Only "improvement" idea I recall we would use for our unmentionable boat is putting down grated black vinyl flooring in the engine room.