Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Absolute Lady

Absolute Lady

This Hatt has been side tied at the Bight in Key West for quite some time. Absolute Lady is absolutely gorgeous! The side windows are fixed pane glass, mahogany/teak trim all around. This is the poster child for Classic Hatteras MY's. I'm soo jealous ...
    Attached Images

Re: Absolute Lady

No aft deck. Barely a balcony. No thanks
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    No aft deck. Barely a balcony. No thanks
    I bet the engines run.

Too bad you cant appreciate it. Im a convertible guy but I appreciate well kept motoryachts too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I agree with Pascal. Most of our time on the boat is spent on the aft deck. I guess the "balcony" gives some outdoor area but this particular boat looks very boxey although I'm sure the interior space is impresive. A Florida boat especially should have alfresco sitting space.

Walt

The top deck, bow and cockpit give plenty of outdoor space! This boat looks like it just rolled off a showroom floor. Given that it's been tied to the Bight for at least 3 months at close to 4k per month... I don't think this guy rolls out the Skill Saw to maintain it.. It's unbelievably well maintained...hey, but if that's not your taste, well that's why they make different models!

And that's why it s fun to discuss the various models and layouts. No doubt this is a well maintained boat.

Sure at first glance you have room at the bow and cockpit but none of them are really big enough. The cockpit is pretty small, put in a couples of chairs and that's it. The bow area has a very small sunpad (much shorter than the 53/58). Flybridges are nice but, in practical use they are far from the water. When we re on the hook, we spend a lot of time in and out of the water so the flybridge sees very little use, especially if you have to track thru the boat to get up there as the ladder is in the PH.

Dining on the flybridge is a pita because you have to bring everything up and down a steep ladder. Been there done that...

I am just basing my observations on the amount of time we spend anchoring out, around 100 days a year, as well as variety of people we ve had on board whether friends or charter guests. On a MY in FL or bahamas the action is on the aft deck.

Now, if you spend most of the time up north, then I see how such a boat has advantages
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Ah yes, all the models serve a different audience. The most we have comfortably party'd with us is 40. The bow has the 4 person bench, 4 dunnage box seats, and a couple a chairs. 3 on the sun cushions. The flybridge "U" seating and helm is limited to about 15, the Salon seats 12, and 8 at the dining table... You can't beat the wide beam, wide bodies for entertaining!..

Stunning bright work. Wonder who did the windows?
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Ah yes, all the models serve a different audience. The most we have comfortably party'd with us is 40. The bow has the 4 person bench, 4 dunnage box seats, and a couple a chairs. 3 on the sun cushions. The flybridge "U" seating and helm is limited to about 15, the Salon seats 12, and 8 at the dining table... You can't beat the wide beam, wide bodies for entertaining!..
    40 people on a boat. That's 30 more than I know and like.

We sometimes raft up with larger groups but still keep the numbers down. I hate crowds and traffic.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    40 people on a boat. That's 30 more than I knocruisere.

Wit's all good!ometimes raft up with larger groups but still keep the numbers down. I hate crowds and traffic.
    I hear you brother! We use our as a game day condo, and a snowbird cruiser..but its all good!