Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: NEEDED: derelict/salvage 58' YF or 53' MY for parts

I wonder what the hard top extention is going to do to the lines and proportion of the boat. Same with an enclosure, if the rear section (along the stern) is vertical instead of slanted, the aesthetics won't be as good and you don't gain much anyway All the 53s I be seen have the rear slanted not vertical. Sleeker
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Sure. I'll be down the boat next week an will take a bunch more pics. Go on my profile page till then to give you an idea of what its like. We love it enclosed. To Pascal's point, I will shoot some broadside photos once the shrinkwrap is off and you can see that the back of the enclosure does slant inward making for a pleasing line. I would think that the extension of the roof deck would be ok as long as the back porch enclosure slants inward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I wonder what the hard top extention is going to do to the lines and proportion of the boat. Same with an enclosure, if the rear section (along the stern) is vertical instead of slanted, the aesthetics won't be as good and you don't gain much anyway All the 53s I be seen have the rear slanted not vertical. Sleeker
    The lines, about 10 years ago I moved my fly bridge forward 25", now the bridge leading edge and the windshield are on the same line. Nobody ever asked a question about it.

Also there is a 58 YF, called "Admiralty", i last saw her at Block Is, that had the bridge deck extended and enclosed, while it looks different than the 58 YF we are used to it looked good. It resembles 58 LRC enclosure. From the side. A nice job, quality work.

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Actually, the lines won't change my boat's profile much. Remember that I have that piped up 4' canvas canopy off of the back of the roof top already. It basically will replace the canopy. As far as the fwd slant , the enclosure will be fwd slanted like a typical hard enclosure used on our boats. It will look correct.

It's not that difficult really.
    Last edited by MarioG; 03-07-2016 at 10:02 PM.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I'd cut the back off. Position it where you want and build a new piece with structural fiberglass staff and Coosa board. Makes for a better finished product and can't rot.

The weight will be an issue as will the additional structure and support systems. What about the davit? Will it move?
    I honestly don't think that an extra 4' will make that big of difference weight wise. The new hydraulic davit now installed will stay in the same place. Yes structural fiberglass and Coosa board will be part of the structure.
    Mario
    Siboney

admiralty is now in mississippi and is called material sciences, she has been on the yard for a couple of years, i'll see if i can get some pics

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    admiralty is now in mississippi and is called material sciences, she has been on the yard for a couple of years, i'll see if i can get some pics
    This would be great! Thank you!
    Mario
    Siboney

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Bill, when you say in the yard, you mean on the hard?

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Quote Originally Posted by MarioG View Post
    Ok....

After getting a $47, 527.00 estimate to extend our aft deck rooftop 4', I took some measurements and realized that I can cut our rooftop at about 4 feet and just before the radius and attach the transplanted (medical speak for Jim) rooftop to get the extra 4' I wanted. Trust me, it will be done and it will be done correctly and look great....

Just build it make a reverse mold and it then will be exactly what you want I did this for a customer. It was made so that you can support the hard bottom raft also.

Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

With photoshop, this is about what the roofline would look like extended.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"