Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NEEDED: derelict/salvage 58' YF or 53' MY for parts

I need to locate someone that has a salvaged or derelict 58'YF or 53'MY and is willing to part out. I wish to purchase and remove only the aft deck roof top... it's for a future project that I'm going to do. Any knowledge or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Preferably a boat located anywhere in Florida.

Thanks

Mario.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

Re: NEEDED: derelict/salvage 58' YF or 53' MY for parts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioG View Post
    I need to locate someone that has a salvaged or derelict 58'YF or 53'MY and is willing to part out. I wish to purchase and remove only the aft deck roof top... it's for a future project that I'm going to do. Any knowledge or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Preferably a boat located anywhere in Florida.

Thanks

Mario.
    You can't leave us wondering. What is the project?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

There's one at crackerboys in Ft Pierce. Call Woody up there and see what the status of it is. It was a sinker from the 04 city marina disaster
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

i want the master stateroom closet doors

There is one at Demopolis Yacht Basin in AL that's need sitting for quite some time. Call them up and see what the status of that one is. It was on ebay about a year ago and hasn't moved since. I've seen it three times over the last 2 years and never looks any different.
    Nightingale - 1984 Hatteras 56 Motor Yacht

The first two-story 58MY? Don't keep us in suspense, please......

Ok....

After getting a $47, 527.00 estimate to extend our aft deck rooftop 4', I took some measurements and realized that I can cut our rooftop at about 4 feet and just before the radius and attach the transplanted (medical speak for Jim) rooftop to get the extra 4' I wanted. Trust me, it will be done and it will be done correctly and look great....
    Mario
    Siboney

Sounds interesting Mario. As a fellow yachtfisherman I am very interested in your plan. Have a sketch for us? Are you going out over the cockpit ? Be great to have all that room up on the flybridge!

The roof extension will cover about 3' of the cockpit because the current rooftop ends just fwd of the cockpit. Yes it will be nice having more room up top. In fact, I plan to make the top a nice lounge when the dinghy is down.
    Mario
    Siboney

Nice! Yep, definitely interested in how that will work out. How will you support the overhang? Stainless pipes as if it were a hardtop over the flybridge? Sounds like a great project. Man, between you and Pascal there must be something in the water down there in MIA!