Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: You've Gotta See This

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    A good CEO is one that can pick a winning team at the top and let them work out the problems in the trenches. Reagan was like that and some in the media said that he was too far removed from his staff. I am proud that I shook his hand several times and voted for him twice...BTW I'm a registered Democrat, but have never voted for a Democrat for president. My "Democratness" is limited to local politics.

I don't believe Trump is married to either party and I hope he can do the job...The alternative is very scary...God help us

Walt
    Well said!!

BTW my cousin worked for Ronald Regan as his public relations guy for 7 of Regan's 8 years in the White House. He worked closely with him and so got to know him very well. My cousin was very fond of Ronald Regan as well as Ronald Regan's family. Regan was close to all of his staff.

Jonathan Brein

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras 1985 View Post
    Trump could put MI, IL, WI, OH, and PA back into play for the Republicans thanks to the white worker voting block he appeals to in those states. They could make the GOP competitive for decades. Yet it seems the GOP party elites would rather shoot the winning horse (Trump) and lose the race to Hillary.
    Trump is doing well despite the Republican Party. The supporters he has are supporting him not the party. The party should be using his popularity to strengthen the party but instead they are show the republican voters they don't care what the majority of them want. The democrats would be doing the same if he was running as a Democrat. This should be a huge wake up call for both parties and all career politicians. We the people are tired of corruption and ineffective leaders.
    Jack Sardina

It's about time things change. Trump is profit minded. What a concept!
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

I agree with the video that a sort of revolution is happening, but I see it ending in more of a French Revolution way (i.e. Reign of Terror, Napoleon) than the American one (i.e. very limited government, individual liberty maximized). My standard measure for who I'll vote for has always come down to how well the person's platform or political history comports with the Constitution. I don't care about anything that's said during televised debates (haven't watched one yet), the latest opinion polls, or whether or not the candidate is the sort of person I'd like to have a beer with. Our corrupt, banana republic government today is the direct result of people putting politicians into office who promise all sorts of things that aren't within the narrow confines of the Constitution (AKA the "hold my nose" voters). More of the same will not make a better situation, which includes Trump, the Dem slate, and all but one Republican.

I'm independent so I don't have a vote in the primaries, but if the GOP nominates Cruz they'll get my vote in the general. If not, Gary Johnson will.

In living on Lake Champlain at the Canadian border, a local radio station was commenting on how many inquiries have been made on the process to move into Canada. Unfortunately this election may be like the choice of some of the poor souls at the top of the World Trade Center. Do I jump or get burned alive?

If you really like social democracy, nationalized healthcare, restricted speech, and a good, long winter, it's hard to beat Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by BobWaz View Post
    In living on Lake Champlain at the Canadian border, a local radio station was commenting on how many inquiries have been made on the process to move into Canada. Unfortunately this election may be like the choice of some of the poor souls at the top of the World Trade Center. Do I jump or get burned alive?
    I have to wonder how many people jumped on the Trump train when a number of celebrities (including Al Sharpton) claimed they would move to Canada should Trump win the election. Don't worry, it's all just cheap talk and theatrics. Canadians are perfectly safe.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    A good CEO is one that can pick a winning team at the top and let them work out the problems in the trenches. Reagan was like that and some in the media said that he was too far removed from his staff. I am proud that I shook his hand several times and voted for him twice...BTW I'm a registered Democrat, but have never voted for a Democrat for president. My "Democratness" is limited to local politics.

I don't believe Trump is married to either party and I hope he can do the job...The alternative is very scary...God help us

Walt
    Walt, even though you don't tow the party line and have never voted for a Democratic POTUS, this reminds me of a conversation I had with friends earlier. If we as Republicans find our current choices less than desirable, think of the non-liberal Democrats and what they have to choose from. It is truly sad that this is the best either side could field, but I truly have come to believe that this is a badly needed revolution against both parties, even though Trump is running on the Republican ticket. I'm getting ready to watch Mitt Romney make a total fool of himself (again) as he continues his attack on Trump. This has gotten to the point that it's almost comical, but the consequences could be anything but funny.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I have to wonder how many people jumped on the Trump train when a number of celebrities (including Al Sharpton) claimed they would move to Canada should Trump win the election. Don't worry, it's all just cheap talk and theatrics. Canadians are perfectly safe.
    If a trump win means Al Shapton will leave the US, Trump has my vote!
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    ...If we as Republicans find our current choices less than desirable, think of the non-liberal Democrats and what they have to choose from. It is truly sad that this is the best either side could field...
    I say this every election and each time it gets worse. Nixon, Ford and Carter look amazing compared to what we have to choose from. Are the politicians just getting worse or is it that the good ones just don't want the job anymore? Like it has been for a long time now, our next POTUS will inherit an unbelievable mess. A strong non establishment businessman/woman probably looks at it like they do any other business acquisition. Take control, clean up the mess, get rid of the bad or excess staff, get things working more efficiently and make a once strong institution stronger than ever. We can only hope. Wait, wasn't it hope that sent us further down this spiral?
    Jack Sardina