Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Boat Hunting - 41 - 45 Hatt

Going to take a look at her tomorrow. Made a (well at least what I consider) low offer on it and the broker told me that he didn't think it was going to fly. Called me back after talking with the owner and gave me a line blah blah blah... Told him I appreciate it and best of luck selling. Called back the next day and he said that the owner was willing to do the deal. Guess he was playing a nut flush and I called.

Anyway looking for info on the boat. Good, bad, indifferent. Setup a walkthrough tomorrow at noon. Thanks for all your help guys.
    Last edited by DealMan; 02-26-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Re: 1987 45 Convertible - Anyone know her?

Seems the 6/92's in these 45's have had problems. PM Tim Powell he had one before the 52.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Good luck with the boat, looks clean. Once you get it you can start messing with it to really drive yourself nuts like the rest. Think a lot of the problems come from the side exhaust getting bogged down in a sea creating too much back pressure. Had a buddy relieve the side exhaust by adding frp tubing where the frp exhaust tube turns outboard attached to a new port thru the transom. Maybe diameter of 4 or 5 inches???? Ended all of his turbo and inter/after cooler issues. As a note, boat did have tons of extra stuff on it as they traveled the islands so it sat a little lower than most.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Not a bad old boat. Looks clean outside the engine room, but you would be wishing for a pair of M11s before too long, I think. If you can get it cheaply, maybe a decent deal.

the photos of this 45 make it worth the look in person.

Looks like a nice clean boat and you appear to be catching the seller at the right time. He just lowered the price from $169,000 to $135,000 this month. Oh also, if you end up buying the boat and want to get rid of that God Awful, Ugly looking Dinghy and or Davit on the boat. That big white thing that just ruins the looks of a Beautiful 45 Hatteras. I know of a guy that will dispose of it for you free of charge. Lol. Seriously though, good luck with it, the 45 is a great boat.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by RT46 View Post
    the photos of this 45 make it worth the look in person.
    Exactly what I am doing today. Have my camera with me to get some additional photos.

Quote Originally Posted by capttonyf View Post
    Looks like a nice clean boat and you appear to be catching the seller at the right time. He just lowered the price from $169,000 to $135,000 this month. Oh also, if you end up buying the boat and want to get rid of that God Awful, Ugly looking Dinghy and or Davit on the boat. That big white thing that just ruins the looks of a Beautiful 45 Hatteras. I know of a guy that will dispose of it for you free of charge. Lol. Seriously though, good luck with it, the 45 is a great boat.

Tony
    good luck hope it works out for you....the first thing you need to do is relocate the life raft from under the tender ..... if that boat sinks it will take the tender and the life raft will never open to deploy .....
    Joe
    1981 56' MY
    Lake Gloria II

Quote Originally Posted by kjcampos View Post
    good luck hope it works out for you....the first thing you need to do is relocate the life raft from under the tender ..... if that boat sinks it will take the tender and the life raft will never open to deploy .....
    My thought exactly. I saw that and said, "maybe its a dock queen"?. Anyway, you guys are scaring me with these motors so I don't know. We will see.

I bought my 1989 45c a little over a year ago, and absolutely love it. The 6V92s had undergone a major overhaul a few years and a couple hundred hours previously. I've put about 100 hours on them, and they have had no problems. Good luck. Enjoy.
    Amalthea
    1989 45C
    Los Angeles, CA