Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Re: Show us your Helm

Just had these made to match the new electronics box panel
    Attached Images
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Dang that looks niiiiiiiiiice!

You win Sky. Damn.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    You win Sky. Damn.
    I haven't actually finished the lower helm yet. If you look close, you'll notice that none of the switches are installed yet. I'll update the pic with it's finished.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Work in progress on our '81 after layout of new equipment was completed. Yes, that's black electrical tape where the voids used to be (for now).
    The last step is replacing the black acrylic background the PO had installed. Trying to decide between formica, laminate, veneer or acrylic with a teak print. Welcome opinions on the material for the panel behind the MFD and controls.
    There is better visibility on the MFD's than I had thought would be with the angle of the displays.
    20230811_133540.jpg
    Last edited by Dontburntheday; 08-20-2023 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Added commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontburntheday View Post
    Work in progress on our '81 after layout of new equipment was completed. Yes, that's black electrical tape where the voids used to be (for now).
    The last step is replacing the black acrylic background the PO had installed. Trying to decide between formica, laminate, veneer or acrylic with a teak print. Welcome opinions on the material for the panel behind the MFD and controls.
    There is better visibility on the MFD's than I had thought would be with the angle of the displays.
    Attachment 68641
    Magnificent. Beautiful upgrade.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Lawd have moicy...beautiful.

Still, the "coolest" looking lower helm, to me, was the ultra restored 1977 58 Hatteras Dionysus near Detroit, MI. I came within a hair of a contract on that beauty last April, but it was not to be. Just now looked for an old listing to see if I could find a Dionysus lower helm photo to post here but unsucessfull.
    IMG_2349.jpg