Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Re: 1980 42' LRC - Anybody familiar with this boat?

I get that, totally. I think you just need a smaller Hatteras yacht to make your life complete. LOL

not sure if i posted this http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bod/5393589692.html

1980 42lrc 169k freshwater
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    not sure if i posted this http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/bod/5393589692.html

1980 42lrc 169k freshwater
    Nice looking in the pics. $$ are up there.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    After reading this thread, I probably should stop at Lowes today and buy a bag of rocks to throw at my 48 LRC.

Pete
    Absolutely not Pete. The LRC IS one nice Breed of Hatteras built to meet a need at the time to help Hatteras survive. Just like the GT is now. No one would purchase a GT only to cruse on. Just like my convertable, sport fish 52c it was not built to cruse. (SOME WERE CRUISED) Yes you can cruse on it but the fuel burn is about 45 gph at cruse. It was built to fish run 30 to 50 miles off shore at a reasonable speed and fast in its day. In rough weather its grate. The LRC is a totally different breed of Hat as the MY. When I am to old to fish I will be looking one. I just do not know if i could stand the 8 knots. Thats a killer after a sportfish. LETS GET TOGETHER IN ABOUT 4 YEARS.......,,,,, NO ROCKS PLEASE.
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 01-27-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Nice looking in the pics. $$ are up there.
    Clean looking in the pics. Fresh water and stabilizers. Get the price down a little and I bet you will be much happier than the Lady Brookhaven salvage attempt.

And a great lakes cruise thrown in. If she is full now you won't have take on diesel until Mobile or Norfolk depending on which route you pick.

Skooch
    Fort Pierce FL

Some one please take on the Florida 42 LRC. That would be a fun project to watch. Interestingly having a boat that can not plane takes away the temptation or nagging urge to goose the throttles. In my Trawler days 8 knots was fast and 7 was just fine. When a storm came up it looks entirely different when 9 knots is top speed. Storms always pass. Cruising through one at 7-9 knots is no big deal.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Just saw this on Craigslist in Hope Sound, FL. I thought it may be appropriate on this thread. It's a nice clean 1977 Hatteras 42 LRC.

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/boa/5395649390.html

Tony

Looks very clean and pretty.