Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1987 63' Hatteras

I understand that a 1987 63' Hatteras is listed for sale by Landmark yacht Sales for $294,900. This boat was in jeapordy of being lost at sea some 25 miles off shore on November 19, 2012. When Sea Tow arrived the boat was close to going to the bottom. She is now offered for sale with no mention of the damages and claiming so many "new" items when many of the goods were in a previous listing nearly a year before the problem at sea. Buyer be aware of what you're buying. It appears that this boat was dunked in salt water in rough seas and was salvage. Looks very nice but how long before the problems surface.
    Jim & Kara Leither
    Currently Looking for Anoher Hatteras
    jleither50@yahoo.com

Re: 1987 63' Hatteras

I emailed the broker. We'll see what they tell me.

If anything.

I just don't understand why I haven't heard from him. Maybe he sleeps late.

Hi Jim,

You're correct that there is a salvage history on this boat, one that we haven't included in the listing but are particularly forthcoming with interested clients about, including the client who currently has the boat under contract.

Because of the disclosure requirements of our regulatory associations (DBPR, FYBA, etc.) I prefer to cover the history of this boat in detail directly with clients instead of trying to advertise that in our YachtWorld listing where I can't provide supporting documentation or as detailed of an explanation as I can through phone/email communication. It's important to me that I communicate complete details when it comes to salvage-related history like this boat has.

Additionally, we've gathered documentation of all of the replacements/updates/upgrades mentioned in the listing for review by interested parties. Anything mentioned in the listing that's updated or new has been done since the issue in 2012, and I've personally reviewed the invoices for anything that I've included in my listing.

I certainly appreciate your concern, and can understand what you might have assumed when you noticed there wasn't any of the history included in our listing, but I assure you we're 100% above board when it comes to representation of this, or any of our listings.

If there's something in my listing that you know to be incorrect, I'd always welcome you bringing that to my attention. I try to be as detailed as possible with verification of details, but am certainly not beyond making a mistake.
    If you have any questions, I'm always happy to help.

RE: Sleeping late, I think starting work at 10am on a Saturday is pretty good, no?

Rob Buscaino
    Landmark Yacht Sales
    727-422-3914

Rob,

I appreciate your professional response to my rant. The boat looks very nice and I certainly had an interest in her because of all the new and rebuilt items. I hope the new owner has many years of happy travels with her.
    Jim & Kara Leither
    Currently Looking for Anoher Hatteras
    jleither50@yahoo.com

I appreciate your posting here. (I was up earlier, but that's a habit, one I wish I could break) I also appreciate your disclosure of the boat's history to prospective buyers. As I am sure you know, one of the biggest problems with boats that have flooded- even if they have NOT sunk altogether- is that the wiring chases get water into them and then the boat is subject to all kinds of electrical problems. And these are very complex boats, with miles of wiring in them. So, potentially, lots of problems.

I hope that she surveys well and that the new owner enjoys her. Thank you for your prompt response.

Makes you wonder....

Despite having used Sam's in FLL for many years, I just signed onto the the Forum. I am presently looking for a 58',61' or 63' MY for a customer (I am NOT a broker).

I was actually aboard the 63' in Madeira Beach, FL yesterday 02/05/2016. Based on listing brokers reports.

I would not have wasted time driving to the end of my street to see this boat had I known the truth, let alone from Charleston, SC and back.

Buyer beware.
    Last edited by seajsc; 02-06-2016 at 11:07 AM.

I suppose if they put the truth in the listing, no one would come to see the boat. I wouldn't. I'm willing to look at project boats, but not sinkers. I'm not that brave.

I can see not advertising it in the listing but like the broker said tell the customer on the phone about the salvage. Some salvages dont even involve water intrusion. Maybe just a hard grounding and I've heard stories about salvage companies doing this and the owner not aware. So not all salvages are the same, however, I would certainly want to know this important information before I drive any distance.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC