Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Air Horns

Re: Air Horns

I purchased a set of horns from Mack Truck. $450. bucks. In including the air pump and tank. They are the same units used on the emergency trucks. I am the loudest boat in the marina. Everyone knows when I leave my dock. So far its been 4 years and they still look new. I removed them my old boat and put them on the Hatteras. I have 120psi. of air going to them. The adjustments on my old Hatteras horns were on the back of the horn. Just a set screw. They never would stay in tune. Mack Truck has a new set of train type horns out for $250. bucks. Just the horns . They are a cluster of 5 horns. I wonder how they would sound. I like loud horns for the marina jerks. The wife says I'm loud enough.

BILL

Thumbs up Re: Air Horns

The fiami Address is:
    Fiam Technologies, Inc
    1550 Leeson
    Cadillac, MI 49601

The older horns they have no parts for, however if you buy a new set from Sams, The have a lifetime guarantee.
    JW

3. Air Horns

A common problem with air horns is that the vibrating circular metal discs become corroded. Then air blows around the corropsion insteadof vibrating the discs.
    On my Matthews the discs looked to be copper and got a green corrosion film on them..so I scrubbed with Brillo, washed, dried and sprayed with WD 40 or equivalent....they were good for another 6 or 8 years I had the boat. It's an easy job once you figure out how to disassemble the horn.

Keeps parts, screws in a weighted can or your pocket so they don't blow overboard if windy..don't ask why I suggest that...

I have the same problems with the original horns. I found the phone # and address of FIAMM on their website. They are in Cadillac Michigan which is in the north central part of the lower peninsula. I have talked to them and they do make boat horns. The replacement units for the original are $186.00. if you need the pump, that is extra. I don't have their phone # or website with me as I am vacationing in Florida. If nobody gets it I will post that data in 2 weeks.

I was able to find the correct page on the FIAMM website. It is a real pain to navigate their site. The part # for the twin horn replacement is 63120. These work with your original pump. I took our pump apart and it looked like new inside, as the rep from FIAMM said it would. Here is the correct page on their website.

http://www.fiammamerica.com/CatalogD...?ProductID=138

Hey Maynard,
    This is great. I have FIAMM horns on several vehicles and could never figure out where to get parts/ ask questions etc. I thought they were in Italy...what do I know. Thanks!

Jim, They are an Italian Co. The US office is the one in Cadillac MI. Boy is that website tough to wade through. Maybe I just don't understand their methodology.

Smile Re: Air Horns

Yaw sure covered it! This info is great...and so is this forum.

Bill
    (Nobody You Know)