Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: He's back

He's back

Redline Marine is back in business. I know Charlie's approach is a bit rough around the edges but he is a straight shooter. Just don't give him the impression that you are anything but serious and capable of making a quick purchase.
    http://www.yachtworld.com/redlinemar...emarine_3.html
    Jack Sardina

Re: He's back

Many years ago, I had one and only one telephone call with him. One was enough. The world is full of straight shooters who are not offensive jerks.

Why was he temporarily out of business? And, those aren't exactly liquidation prices.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by JLR View Post
    Many years ago, I had one and only one telephone call with him. One was enough. The world is full of straight shooters who are not offensive jerks.
    He can be his own worse enemy. Two years ago I sent a friend to buy a boat from him. Great deal on a great boat and only a few miles from our club. My friend was concerned about dealing with Charlie as he is a bit abrasive. He ended up buying the boat and has been very happy with it and the price.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Why was he temporarily out of business? And, those aren't exactly liquidation prices.
    He stepped out a couple of years ago when things were slow but has opened up shop again under the same name and location. I don't think he ever went out of bussiness completely just suspended operation for a while. His prices used to be exceptional and near impossible to beat. He still has some very good deals but the depressed boating market has made his prices less of a bargain than they used to be. He isn't selling much that would interest me but he has had some amazing deals in the past.
    Jack Sardina

Not exactly an impressive list of boats. Carver, Carver, Carver, blah, blah, blah.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Engine Notes
    Top speed of boat: 32.22072mph

The Azimut listing from his site, nice to know exactly how fast she'll go!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike36c View Post
    Engine Notes

I saw that too.
    Jack Sardina

With all the talk of this person and how rough he can be, I would not have an add showing him with a gun. To funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike36c View Post
    Engine Notes

plus or minus 0.000005
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay