Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Hatteras Stainless 30 degree rod holders

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    And I only have 4 rodholders on the sides ( 2 each).
    Wait a minute. Are you saying that you are only replacing existing rodholders, and not adding 4 more? That is just so wrong! You need to spread these across the stern. Get the damn hole saw out and get to work!

I'm now at gunwale 3 rod holders on each side, and 7 more across the stern - yup, lucky 13. 3 more clamp on style on the fb ladder (one of which holds a 4-way rod holder), 2 more on the grab rails on the outside of the cabin on each side, 6 rocket launcher holders, and 6 more on the cockpit Bonar box.

And its still not enough. I plan on adding 5 more clamp on style between the 6 rocket launcher rod holders this year.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    Wait a minute. Are you saying that you are only replacing existing rodholders, and not adding 4 more? That is just so wrong! You need to spread these across the stern. Get the damn hole saw out and get to work!

I'm now at gunwale 3 rod holders on each side, and 7 more across the stern - yup, lucky 13. 3 more clamp on style on the fb ladder (one of which holds a 4-way rod holder), 2 more on the grab rails on the outside of the cabin on each side, 6 rocket launcher holders, and 6 more on the cockpit Bonar box.

And its still not enough. I plan on adding 5 more clamp on style between the 6 rocket launcher rod holders this year.
    Im adding 3 of the fighting rod holders across the stern. These are the ones the tuna guys use up north. Then 2 each side plus downriggers with 1 each plus 4 on the chair and 2 each cabin side. Plus the ones on the bridge for the center rigger and other rods.

its like a spider web for fish. I dont need no stinkin hooks.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

If you want to save $$ on the special rod holders that let you fight fish from them, just drop a golf ball into them for the same effect.

And, you will have found a useful purpose for golf balls.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

If anyone else has four of these, could they please let me know? I'd love to have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    If you want to save $$ on the special rod holders that let you fight fish from them, just drop a golf ball into them for the same effect.

And, you will have found a useful purpose for golf balls.
    I like the fact that they lock to the rod and swivel. The golf balls dont let the rod lock. Also they are built like a brick $h1T house
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Geez only wuzzies fight a fish from a rod holder. The only thing we run out of the holder is the deep drop rig.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Geez only wuzzies fight a fish from a rod holder. The only thing we run out of the holder is the deep drop rig.
    That's a fair observation. OTOH, with two herniated discs, I don't fight them too often anyway. That's what I have a young healthy crew for. I just run the boat, occasionally gaff, and frequently gaffe. Oh, and by "gaff", I mean take the head shot and they squeal for someone to help drag it thru the door.

Oh, and Dr. Jim, I'll make a deal with you. You stay away from the rodholders and I'll stay away from the scalpels. I'll just limit my surgery to taking the sashimi strips off the racks after the big boys loin em out.

That's the intention plus fast trolling. I got a few at a really good price so I figure why not. They are pretty cool.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

I am the worst fisherman you ever saw. I can handle my boat pretty well, but if any fish are caught from her, it is always someone else's line. I don't know a worse fisherman than me.

But I love old Hatteras stuff, and I wish I had these for my boat. If anyone has any more of them, please let me know. There have to be a few out there someplace.

Got any pictures of someone doing stand-up with a 130 on a bent butt?
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>