Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Re: Glendenning Syncs.

Depends on how yours is set up.

Mine has the port as master.

Question Re: Glendenning Syncs.

Answer to which is master vs. slave should be answered in manual. However it can be determined in the engine room(s) whichever engine has the short throttle cable running from the Glenndenning unit to the engine is the slave making the other the master.

Re: Glendenning Syncs.

I have the original price list on my 1979 43 DCMY. The synchronizers were an option - $1560 for two stations.

Interesting....the price sheet on my 1973 only shows two options besides the $10,000 8V71TI option, a stack washer/dryer and a swim platform, both $1,000 options.

http://www.glendinningprods.com/sync.html

Super devise, I've purchased direct and installed on a pair of GM671, easy to do, and a pair of Cat diesels, not as easy. If your's ever needs repair Glendinning offers a factory refurbishment deal, your unit comes back like new. If you spend a few minutes talking to them they will give you a very fair price. Glendinning is a very small family owned business. Nice people to deal with.

Tony D

Went to the Glen site - thanks for posting - very interesting. I have never paid the slightest attention to our sync, it just works. What I found fascinating is that one of the sections on the site shows color pics of the internals of the unit. There's nearly nothing in there! Genesis made a good observation - when they designed it, somebody was a genius that day. What an elegant piece of kit! And not only that, it's actually made of METAL!

The only "maintenance" is once every few years, take the face plate off and smear the grease around onto the worm drives, etc. And also check your slave engine's governor booster spring tension adjustment if that engine's throttle control is hard to move at the helm with the sync off. Other than that, it's just set it and forget it.

Doug