Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Sanitary hose replacement - Mission Impossible

Anyone replaced the sanitary hoses on a 53' FBMY? The one from the master state room looks to be a real PITA and looks to disappear under the cabin floor. The builder's diagram shows that it continues to run along the starboard side of the companionway beneath the floor on the starboard side. The hose is really stuck in there with some kind of sealer (5200?) and apparently clamped to another hose that looks to run parallel to it....What is the best way to remove it and what is the best replacement hose to use. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Sanitary hose replacement - Mission Impossible

There should be access panels in the passageway floor (under the carpet) that will provide access to that hose. However, you may or may not be able to reach the hose clamps, regardless of whether there are access panels. I was able to reach them on our 53MY but it was quite difficult. I replaced the OEM hose, which was still ok after 30 years with white sanitation hose, thinking "it was time" to replace as preventive maintenance. The white sanitation hose began passing odor into the boat in two years so I did it again, replacing that junk with PVC pipe for that run between the master SR and the starboard eng room and Oem type hose everywhere else.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"