Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Vacuflush pump trips breaker

The bow toilet has been working fine today then started tripping the breaker, when I reset the breaker it trips almost immediately. The have not been any solids or paper products through this toilet today. When the breaker is reset the pump tries to run but doesn't, and trips the breaker. Am looking for suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?
    Dave
    1985 43' MY "Hattini"
    Seabrook, TX

Re: Vacuflush pump trips breaker

Either you have a short in the wiring or the pump is stuck. Those motors are pretty bullet proof but something could have failed in the gear or the bellow is jammed. Pull the cover over the be
    Low and take a look
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I've had breakers get weak and trip. If you don't find a short or nothing is stuck as entioned above check there. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Either you have a short in the wiring or the pump is stuck. Those motors are pretty bullet proof but something could have failed in the gear or the bellow is jammed. Pull the cover over the be
    Low and take a look
    Fortunately it turned out to be a jammed bellows....all is good now. Thanks for the suggestions!
    Dave
    1985 43' MY "Hattini"
    Seabrook, TX

Update on this problem: The bellows was jammed and I removed the pump took it apart (should not have done that), after going back together everything seemed okay. The pump now short cycles about every 5 minutes due to a vacuum leak. Can I buy a rebuild kit that would include all the orings, bellows and duckbills? Is this overkill? It DID NOT short cycle before I took it apart so I am fairly certain I created the leak when putting it back together. If the bellows itself is damaged can that cause a vacuum leak?
    Dave
    1985 43' MY "Hattini"
    Seabrook, TX

The best source for knowledge and parts that I have found is

http://seacoastservices.com/

Decent prices too.

Bobk