Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KVH. TracVision 4hp For Sale

**SOLD** I have a TV4hp for sale. Unit is working. No cables. All you need is a power cable and Coex to run to converter box. Was running DirecTv. $850
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tonytrakovich; 11-10-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Re: KVH. TracVision 4hp For Sale

Tony, why are you selling it?

I bought this one new. I did an electronics trade with a guy and got an extra one. I put the new one up because I thought it was gyro stabilized. (Model G4-hp). Turns out you need an extra gyro box that didnt come with the trade. Any way, I left the G4 up and have an extra.
    Thanks,

Tony

2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

do you still have this one for sale? Is it a high Def model? What year did you purchase it, and is it stabilized?

It is not hi def. in order to get hi def for directv you need to get the HD7. $9000+.

I bought it in 2007. It does not have a separate gyro stabilizer but it does not really need it.

I have a pending sale now. Waiting for $
    Thanks,

Tony

2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

I've got the same unit on my boat, 4hp. The unit works fine, in all conditions, at anchor or at sea. When I got the boat, I started removing inop and outdated equipment. I identified the gyro control box mounted under the upper helm. It wasn't even connected! I saw used ones on eBay for giveaway prices, so my old gyro control unit resides in the dumpster. The "but" of the 4hp is that with some minor additional equipment, it is "capable" of HD, but the only satellite you can hit with the 4hp and only compatible receiver (D12?) doesn't have HD programming! I believe the purpose of the gyro control unit was to be able to point the antenna at a different (HD?) satellite. One last note about the D12/4hp set up is that you have to use the AV output of the D12 to the TV, not the coax. When mine dies, I'm going with the SWM capable TV5 system, but I'm inland and near coastal gulf waters.

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    I've got the same unit on my boat, 4hp. The unit works fine, in all conditions, at anchor or at sea. When I got the boat, I started removing inop and outdated equipment. I identified the gyro control box mounted under the upper helm. It wasn't even connected! I saw used ones on eBay for giveaway prices, so my old gyro control unit resides in the dumpster. The "but" of the 4hp is that with some minor additional equipment, it is "capable" of HD, but the only satellite you can hit with the 4hp and only compatible receiver (D12?) doesn't have HD programming! I believe the purpose of the gyro control unit was to be able to point the antenna at a different (HD?) satellite. One last note about the D12/4hp set up is that you have to use the AV output of the D12 to the TV, not the coax. When mine dies, I'm going with the SWM capable TV5 system, but I'm inland and near coastal gulf waters.
    The tv 5 is pretty cool with the swm8. I'm installing one this week. If I had a choice though the hd7 is far better. Remember the tv 5 is single band. The hd7 dual.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I did just sell this unit. Shipping tomorrow. FYI it did work very well in almost all conditions. To get HD you have to go to the HD7 unit. $8900.
    Thanks,

Tony

2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Thats true with direct TV as they have their HD in the KA band. Other services may have HD on the KU satelites. YMMV, Batteries not included, do not try this at home.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I get HD channels with Dish Network and the cheapest Intellian I2. Might be worth looking into instead of spending $9K
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI