Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: '86 36: convertable

Cruise is 19 to 22. Fuel burn is the same as diesels unless you run it hard. we get 1 mpg at all displacement speeds up to 9 knots. At all planning speeds the fuel consumption yields 1/2 mpg. Gas engines are much cheaper to maintain than diesels and last just as long or longer. Parts are cheaper, oil filters are cheap and they olly require 6 quarts of oil when changing.
    The engines on our 36 now have lifetime copper nickel exhaust risers and elbows. This is a big improvement over the cast iron ones that must be changed every 5 years.
    Last edited by Maynard Rupp; 11-06-2015 at 05:01 PM.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Really sorry to hear about the health issues. Good luck with the sale and I wish you the best.

Somebody is going to get a really nice 36C.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Our 36 Hatteras is now listed by southhrivermarine.com 586 783 6600. All purchasing questions should be directed to them. You can still ask me any other questions about our boat.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Where did you get lifetime CuNi exhaust manifolds and risers? I would like to have a set of those. I wonder if they make them for Cummins diesels.

Hi Jim...The outfit is on Long Island New York. I sent them one of my risers and one elbow. The fabricated four replacement units which fit perfectly. (Our engines are V-8 configuration) so we needed 4 units. The cost $800.00 each. Other HOF members have used them also. The name of the company slips me at the moment. Others can chime in here with the details.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Sounds like Marine Manifold in Farmingdale. 631-694-0714
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Thanks. I will be due for these at some point.

Thanks to all of you that made such nice comments about our 36 Hat. The boat is sold to the first customer. He lives near Orlando and will keep her on the Atlantic side near the ICW.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Congratulations on the sale, Maynard. I know you will be sad to see her go, but someone is getting a really nice 36.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Congratulations on the sale, Maynard. I know you will be sad to see her go, but someone is getting a really nice 36.
    Thanks Sky.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C