Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1968 38' Tri Cabin

This boat has been on craigs list for a while. I talked to the owner a few slips down and actually got a tour. It actually looks great. Theres a long list of new and upgraded items installed on the boat. The owner hasnt neglected it and is selling because of a medical issue. This model is a three cabin design that has quite a bit of room. The middle stateroom has been converted into a workshop/ storage room but can easily go back to a bedroom. I know he will take in the low 30's for the boat and I cant believe it hasnt sold yet. What a great Loop boat.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Re: 1968 38' Tri Cabin

Can you post a link to the ad?

Here ya go. I still cant belive someone hasnt bought it yet. Its worth a call

https://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/5196568953.html
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

In the photos it looked like there was water damage on the woodwork from the window in the galley, starboard side. Did you notice any water damage?

I read a discussion about "low-ball" offers on the forum the other day. I saw this boat online 8/13, but it was offered for $50,000, which seemed high to me even at 10% off asking, so I moved on to other options.

Quote Originally Posted by magnawake View Post
    This boat has been on craigs list for a while. I talked to the owner a few slips down and actually got a tour. It actually looks great. Theres a long list of new and upgraded items installed on the boat. The owner hasnt neglected it and is selling because of a medical issue. This model is a three cabin design that has quite a bit of room. The middle stateroom has been converted into a workshop/ storage room but can easily go back to a bedroom. I know he will take in the low 30's for the boat and I cant believe it hasnt sold yet. What a great Loop boat.
    Posting on Craigslist seems to have been taken down. Did it sell?

He didnt sell it but gave it to a broker. Now its on YW
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC