Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: RPM question: Engine Survey - Sea trial

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    Cool. Any interesting info gained from the fuel consumption monitor system ?
    Actually yes, the Maretron DSM-250 display with sensors on fuel, water, holding tanks as well as transducers for precise metering of fuel flows combined with GPS inputs. At 1200 RPM we were running at about 9 knots and a solid 1nmpg. Really a nice set-up and it has inputs from almost any data source on board.

Quote Originally Posted by nautibake View Post
    Actually yes, the Maretron DSM-250 display with sensors on fuel, water, holding tanks as well as transducers for precise metering of fuel flows combined with GPS inputs. At 1200 RPM we were running at about 9 knots and a solid 1nmpg. Really a nice set-up and it has inputs from almost any data source on board.
    Cool again.... yeah, that boat has some nice electronics and monitoring systems. Amazing the $$$$$ previous owner blew on that thing.

Does the "GTMO" Guantanamo Bay life-ring convey with the vessel ?

Cool again.... yeah, that boat has some nice electronics and monitoring systems. Amazing the $$$$$ previous owner blew on that thing.

Does the "GTMO" Guantanamo Bay life-ring convey with the vessel ?
    Thanks, yes, she is pretty well equipped but I'm sure there is always more that can be done

Funny, 2 out of 3 Hatt's that we had under contract this year have spent time in Cuba. If these boats could tell stories...

I experienced nearly identical numbers on my '83 55C a couple of weeks back. The boat has a new bottom (soft paint) and hasn't been cleaned in the 3 1/2 months since the yard in a high growth area (Charleston). I had a diver clean the running gear only. The slime on bottom did not seem to impact performance (paint doing its job), but cleaning the gear got me back to specs on RPM and speed. FYI: 12V71TAs driving 30-27s with 1:1.5 reductions. Have a set of 28-28s for spares; considering swapping for comparison. Any well conceived opinions?

Interestingly, the bow thruster seemed to double in performance after cleaning. The props looked good but were fouled on their insides.

Think of it like an airplane icing up. The slightest change in profile of that wing will turn it into an anvil. Good thing airplanes don't get barnacles on their wings (hopefully).

My accept / reject date is October 1.
    Jerry
    Well ?

Well ?
    We worked it out, closing Monday or Tuesday!! Very excited, and anxious, and LOTS to learn. I've been poring over the manuals for the various systems. We're heading to Pensacola Saturday to take "delivery" early next week. Will spend a month getting to know her, and hitting the punch list from the surveys plus bottom paint, already have the yard scheduled. Hope to get her down to Marco Island before Thanksgiving, weather (and everything else) permitting... thanks for asking!!

We worked it out, closing Monday or Tuesday!! Very excited, and anxious, and LOTS to learn. I've been poring over the manuals for the various systems. We're heading to Pensacola Saturday to take "delivery" early next week. Will spend a month getting to know her, and hitting the punch list from the surveys plus bottom paint, already have the yard scheduled. Hope to get her down to Marco Island before Thanksgiving, weather (and everything else) permitting... thanks for asking!!
    Very cool....congrats !