Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sumptuous Hatteras 52 Cockpit Motor Yacht FOR SALE - Good condition

Hatteras build a superb high-volume cruiser, and this example has been professionally maintained, and it shows.
    Twin Detroits that can cruise at 12 or 19 kts, every toy man a man needs, and very clean throughout.
    Complete with bow and stern thrusters remote controlled.

Launched in 1991, she is with her second owners and they have had enormous fun with her,
    using her sparingly but much enjoying using her as an apartment in St Katherines, London.
    or elsewhere in the UK. With her twin 650hp Detroits she has a maximum speed of around 23 knots,
    but will run economically and comfortable at 11 knots – there is after all very little hurry.
    Hatteras are the masters at achieving liveable yachts with large entertaining spaces and like her sisters BRITANIQUE comes with absolutely all the creature comforts.
    With her maple interior and cream carpets she has a calm, light and charming interior.
    Her cockpit is covered with screens that can be removed during our cracking summers.

She is offered for sale at - Price is negotiable and in the region of £170,000
    Attached Images

Re: Sumptuous Hatteras 52 Cockpit Motor Yacht FOR SALE - Good condition

"Sumptuous" ?? Sir broker, that's not maple....it's Ash with a whitewash or "pickled" finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    "Sumptuous" ?? Sir broker, that's not maple....it's Ash with a whitewash or "pickled" finish.
    Thinking he's not a Broker, apprears to be his boat. From the profile, that's my understanding. Either way from what pictures are posted it looks nice and clean. More pictures of the Engine Room, electronics, interior, and exterior would be helpful. Not to mention a full list of equipment, hours and history on the boat.

Tony

Lots of people on this forum from the UK...all ZERO of them.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

I guess I just don't get it when it comes to the posts on the forums. It can be such a great place for meaningful information and advice. But lately it seems that every post has to include some "know it all" or at least someone who just feels they have to comment even though it has nothing to do with the subject. I like to live by the belief that if you dont have something good to say, dont say anything. Just me ranting. But look at most of the posts. They start out with fine intentions but in the end are a bunch of BS that has no meaning. Ok now attack me!

Quote Originally Posted by capttonyf View Post
    Thinking he's not a Broker, apprears to be his boat.
    I suppose it could be but seems odd to speak of oneself in the third person if so..."they this, they that..."

Quote Originally Posted by wndsr View Post
    I guess I just don't get it when it comes to the posts on the forums. It can be such a great place for meaningful information and advice. But lately it seems that every post has to include some "know it all" or at least someone who just feels they have to comment even though it has nothing to do with the subject. I like to live by the belief that if you dont have something good to say, dont say anything. Just me ranting. But look at most of the posts. They start out with fine intentions but in the end are a bunch of BS that has no meaning. Ok now attack me!
    How about an amen instead?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by wndsr View Post
    But lately it seems that every post has to include some "know it all" or at least someone who just feels they have to comment even though it has nothing to do with the subject.
    I don't see anything wrong with pointing out an error in the listing (i.e. "maple interior") and the fact made by the other poster that, being in the UK, the ad is highly unlikely to do the ad placer a bit of good, so as not to get hopes up. Not to mention the fact that it seems to be a broker..ie. commercial listing, which is not allowed here.

Re the maple interior correction, this is not only useful for the seller but useful so as not to give other Hatt 52 owner wannibes seeing this topic the wrong impression of the wood species they might expect to find in other Hatt 52's.

I happen to know a bit about this as I was seriously considering that style of Hatt 52 in my boat quest early on, and have been aboard at least seven of them vintage 1991 to 1999.

As an aside, the boat looks perfectly fine and I only questioned the word "sumptuous" because it sounded funny to me...usually a word reserved for chocolate or ice cream, not yachts
    Last edited by Milacron; 06-12-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freeebird View Post
    how about an amen instead?
    amen !
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by Milacron View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with pointing out an error...
    Neither do I. Did you buy a Viking?

I've been off here a while and am trying to catch up without reading every cross-pollinated post.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93