Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mystery Switch

Mystery Switch

Can anybody tell me what this switch is for?
    Attached Images
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Re: Mystery Switch

Originally the galley fixtures had 32v bulbs and 120v bulbs in them. One switch for each.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Originally the galley fixtures had 32v bulbs and 120v bulbs in them. One switch for each.
    The 32 V is on the right electric on the left. One for each of the ceiling lights in the galley.

the above post is the same on my 1972 58 yf

Thanks guys. On mine the right hand switch turns both Galley lights on. (110V) Left one doesn't do anything. I guess someone did some re-wiring in the past.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Check the blub. Some one may have but a builb other than a 32V in its place.

Or they simply didn't replace the 32 when it (they) burned out. I know some folks eliminate the 32s completely and use just the 110 but I like the original Hatt design - AD and DC lighting in several "important" locations.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

It's much funnier in his deadpan delivery but I can't find a video clip of it. Steven Wright used to do a bit about having an apartment with a light switch that didn't appear to do anything. So when he walked past it he'd casually flip it on or off. Six weeks later he got a letter from Malyasia saying "Cut that out."

So expect a letter any day now.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375